Sidisi's City of the Damned (Sidisi, brood Tyrant)

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 3 years ago

So this is an old deck idea modeled off my buddy's zombie-free Sidisi deck that believes in turning other things into zombies, not using zombies to make zombies. Sidisi provides a powerful engine that vomits out creatures and then we use them to kill people. The idea of the deck is to not rely too much on the graveyard as a resource while forcing people to worry about it - grave hate other than Rest in Peace doesn't really mean much to the deck. We mostly just want to put stuff in the yard to make zombies and don't really spend much energy recurring things. We can tutor for the creatures we actually want that finish the game like Archetype of Imagination and Sun Quan, Lord of Wu if needed.

Sidisi's City of the Damned

Commander

Artifacts (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

Still working on fine-tuning so happy to hear your thoughts and ideas. The main rules are:

1. No Zombies Allowed
2. No zombie-specific synergy allowed
3. No graveyard engines that are not land related**

A notable exclusion I need to find a slot for at some point is Intuition I think, man that card's good. :P

** Things like Burning-Rune Demon are there to enable Life from the Loam not reanimate stuff.

Stuff I might like to add:
Last edited by pokken 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Tags:

Ruiner

Post by Ruiner » 3 years ago

I've never seen this sort of deck in action, but if you are not actually reliant on your graveyard other than triggers from cards hitting the grave, but want some grave hate, would Planar Void have a place here? I could see it clashing with some of the recursive elements but you don't seem to be utterly reliant on those.

pokken

Ruiner wrote:
3 years ago
I've never seen this sort of deck in action, but if you are not actually reliant on your graveyard other than triggers from cards hitting the grave, but want some grave hate, would Planar Void have a place here? I could see it clashing with some of the recursive elements but you don't seem to be utterly reliant on those.
I kinda want to twister/echo/kozilek them back into the library to make more zombies in longer games. The deck can go kinda bananas with Ancient Greenwarden and Hedron Crab at the self-milling.

umtiger
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by umtiger » 3 years ago

Seems like your deck is a good candidate to eschew Sol Ring all together. Why not just play another sweet card in the slot instead?

pokken

umtiger wrote:
3 years ago
Seems like your deck is a good candidate to eschew Sol Ring all together. Why not just play another sweet card in the slot instead?
I'm not sure, my experience has been that it creates too many powerful sequences, but I could put Collector Ouphe in that slot I guess :)

Not a bad idea.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”