The Community Deck Build Project!

aliciaofthevast
Phyrexian Flesh Agent
Pronoun: she / her

Post by aliciaofthevast » 1 year ago

Dang I missed my card last night aww. Well for today I'll go with the obvious Malakir Rebirth // Malakir Mire. Surely someone else will suggest the Agadeem's Awakening // Agadeem, the Undercrypt before it gets back to me. It's a little pricey but I think it's strong enough to be worth it.

I think the other duals suggested already have their three, but if not yay to each one.

Tags:

duducrash
Still Learning
Pronoun: he / him

Post by duducrash » 1 year ago

Yay on Tainted, Yay on command tower, Yay on Opal Palace, Yay on Malakir rebirth

If we are to run a good enough ammount of mountains to run Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle , then Dwarven Mine should often give us a body to sacrifice

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kirkusjones » 1 year ago

pokken wrote:
1 year ago
3drinks wrote:
1 year ago
Valakut is $22 and it's not like inkmoth that we could just kill outta nowhere with. I think that's a bit suspect. This is a nay vote in case it's unclear.
Wow that is bananas why is it that expensive? Sorry withdrawn :)
Is Scapeshift still a thing in modern? That, plus it hasn't seen a reprint other than as an expedition since its original printing and is the best at what it does for lands decks.

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 1 year ago

Bunch of confirmations, Foreboding Ruins, Smoldering Marsh, Opal Palace, and Valakut got the deny as it's not really worth a twenty dollar bill for the occasional incidental lava spike.

I'll go ahead and yay the tower & peak, to confirm them in, and I'll yay both malakir rebirth and dwarven mine.

Malakir Rebirth yay - 2 nay -0
Dwarven Mine yay - 1 nay - 0
pokken wrote:
1 year ago
3drinks wrote:
1 year ago
Valakut is $22 and it's not like inkmoth that we could just kill outta nowhere with. I think that's a bit suspect. This is a nay vote in case it's unclear.
Wow that is bananas why is it that expensive? Sorry withdrawn :)
Amulet Titan is a helluva modern deck I hear...

3drinks

I'm gonna veer into a different direction, and offer up Drownyard Temple, There's probably some kind of value we could glean from this style of effect I think.

2nd land pick: I nominate Lavaclaw Reaches for the same reason as inkmoth.

Malakir Rebirth yay - 2 nay -0
Dwarven Mine yay - 1 nay - 0
Drownyard Temple yay - 0 nay - 0
Lavaclaw Reaches yay - 0 nay - 0
Last edited by 3drinks 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

duducrash
Still Learning

3drinks wrote:
1 year ago
I'm gonna veer into a different direction, and offer up Drownyard Temple, There's probably some kind of value we could glean from this style of effect I think.
How are we putting temple on GY often? Im missing something

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb

@3drinks were you thinking of Geier Reach Sanitarium? I mix these two up all the time, for whatever reason.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 1 year ago

Yay to Malakir Rebirth // Malakir Mire and Dwarven Mine.

I'll say Graven Cairns today.

I was thinking that when we get to lands, it's mostly academic, right? To speed things along during land time, I suggest letting us nominate two cards at a time.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

3drinks

kirkusjones wrote:
1 year ago
@3drinks were you thinking of Geier Reach Sanitarium? I mix these two up all the time, for whatever reason.
No, I nominated the right card. Just a more or less "free" loot I'd my idea, though we really don't have much in the way of loot or dredge going on here. Should have named my other pick tbh I suppose.
RxPhantom wrote:
1 year ago
Yay to Malakir Rebirth // Malakir Mire and Dwarven Mine.

I'll say Graven Cairns today.

I was thinking that when we get to lands, it's mostly academic, right? To speed things along during land time, I suggest letting us nominate two cards at a time.
I concur with this assessment. There's nothing overtly "special" with designing the mana for a 2c deck such that we'd need to retain such a low speed.

@ everyone: for the land phase, we're going to make two daily submissions to speed up the process.

3drinks

I'll yay that filter land. Malakir Rebirth has been confirmed.

Dwarven Mine yay - 2 nay - 0
Drownyard Temple yay - 0 nay - 0
Lavaclaw Reaches yay - 0 nay - 0
Graven Cairns yay - 1 nay - 0

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Yay to Lavaclaw Reaches. Nay to Drownyard Temple unless someone can explain its utility in this particular deck.

Also, woohoo! Two noms!

I really want to nominate Sulfurous Springs, but it's cheapest printing is $10. Would it be against the rules to nominate it, but ensure we get one that's in really bad condition? :please:

My second actual nom for the day will be Survivors' Encampment. At worst, it's an untapped source. At best, we can use one of our many creature tokens for some colored mana in a pinch. Pretty cool for a common, I think.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

duducrash
Still Learning

Lavaclaw Reaches big yay. Actually yay everything but temple

Bonus pick for today is Scavenger Grounds. 2 color decks can afford the utility imho

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Yay for Scavenger Grounds because it's great in general, but also gets a little bonus from my pick, which is a Desert (Survivors' Encampment, btw, don't forget to thank, yay, and discuss)!

3drinks

I was gonna to nay that encampment because I'd rathe play a basic land, until I saw both it's a desert and scav grounds was suggested. That's now an easy yay. For both.

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb

Yea on grounds, encampment and reaches.

My suggestions for today:
Den of the Bugbear - makes red and produces tokens.
And
Blightstep Pathway // Searstep Pathway

3drinks

Lavaclaw reaches, scav grounds, and survivors encampment have been confirmed.

I'll yay den of the Bugbear. I think this is a good deck for it.

I'll nay the pathway because I'm not sold on it as a single colour land, even if you have a choice. I think it's a gimmick we can do better than.

@RxPhantom yeah sulfurous springs is a fine suggest. The $9 price point is a guideline, we should hit around it, but maybe not hitting lotus vale/scorched ruins levels.

Dwarven Mine yay - 2 nay - 0
Drownyard Temple yay - 0 nay - 2
Graven Cairns yay - 2 nay - 0
Den of the Bugbear yay - 1 nay - 0
Blightstep Pathway yay - 0 nay - 1

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Yay on Den of the Bugbear and the Pathway. I think Pathway is better than basics here since we likely won't be fetching any lands.

Ok everyone, I was going through my collection today when I came across a glaring omission from this deck. At a wallet-busting $0.41, I present
Battle Hymn! :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

I hope we can fix this.

3drinks

I'll introduce a phase for that stuff once we handle the lands

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 1 year ago

I'll yay Den of the Bugbear and Dwarven Mine,.althought we're to see.our mountain count.

I:ll nominate Ifnir Deadlands and Ramunap Ruins for the desert package.

aliciaofthevast
Phyrexian Flesh Agent
Pronoun: she / her

Post by aliciaofthevast » 1 year ago

I think dwarven mine and den of the bugbear are locked in!

I'm going to yay graven cairns to confirm it. I think I'm going to issue the final nay on drownyard temple to axe it.

I need convincing in the pathway to understand why I'd play this. It's not like river of tears that would let me get either color, idk, I'm just not sold on this card being worth anything.

For today I'll nominate Cabal Pit and Barbarian Ring.

duducrash
Still Learning

Yay on deadlands and ruins! Yay on Graven Cairns yay dean of the bugbear

As @Henlock mentioned, it would be nice to have a higher basic count

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

aliciaofthevast wrote:
1 year ago
I need convincing in the pathway to understand why I'd play this. It's not like river of tears that would let me get either color, idk, I'm just not sold on this card being worth anything.
In this deck it's better than a basic, right? Unless I'm missing some kind of swamp/mountain synergies that are in the deck already, I don't know why we wouldn't run this.

I'm gonna issue a yay to the two deserts, Cabal Pit, and Barbarian Ring. I think it's almost time to nominate Swamp and Mountain if you know what I mean.

3drinks

A number of confirmations; Den of the Bugbear, Dwarven Mine, Graven Cairns, and Ifnir Deadlands and Ramunap Ruins after I confirm them right now. I'll yay the threshold lands too.

Blightstep/Seartep Pathway yay - 1 nay - 2
Barbarian Ring yay - 2 nay - 0
Cabal Pit yay - 2 nay - 0

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 1 year ago

Blightstep/Seartep Pathway Yay. I don't see the problem here unless there's need for basics.
Barbarian Ring & Cabal Pit Yay. Threshold seems likely.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

3drinks

Legend brings the pathway down to the wire. Most hotly contested dual I've seen in a long, long time. Threshold lands have both been confirmed.

For today, I nominate Rakdos Carnarium and the last type dual, Sulfurous Mire. We have a few lands we wouldn't mind picking up again, and karoos are natively good cards.

As a bit of passing discussion, guys, we really missed out on Bituminous Blast, and maybe even Demonic Dread for more proc stacking with our commander. Less so Throes of Chaos since that card doesn't actually do anything. Anyway, something to revisit after we finish lands.

Blightstep/Seartep Pathway yay - 2 nay - 2
Rakdos Carnarium yay - 0 nay - 0
Sulfurous Mire yay - 0 nay - 0

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”