Esika Oath Control - Brainstorming

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 2 years ago

Outcryqq wrote:
2 years ago
I recommended it a while back when you didn't say anything, but I think Asmodeus the Archfiend is as close to explosive card draw to Consecrated Sphinx and Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur that you'll get. Maybe it's too mana-intensive? But BBBB: draw 7 is a pretty strong rate.
So Asmo has some problems but the main one us requiring BBBB to draw 7 / lose 7. This deck is not going to make BBBB ever, it needs to make UWRBG and then UU and WWW.

Jin refuels me 7 for no mana if I make it to my endstep, and CSphinx refuels me 6 if it survives a turn, neither at any life loss.

It's somewhat problematic about Vilis, Broker of Blood too, except that he triggers off of life loss that I was going to suffer anyway and kinda deters people from attacking since non-lethal attacks are going to refill my hand.

Tags:

Outcryqq

Post by Outcryqq » 2 years ago

Not sure if he's explosive enough for you, but I think given bridge's wording ("card") you could play the walker half of Valki, God of Lies. Bonus that he doesn't totally suck if he's in your starting hand.

pokken

Outcryqq wrote:
2 years ago
Not sure if he's explosive enough for you, but I think given bridge's wording ("card") you could play the walker half of Valki, God of Lies. Bonus that he doesn't totally suck if he's in your starting hand.
Hmm, I don't think that works? But either way I don't think he's quite enough juice.

Ruiner

Post by Ruiner » 2 years ago

If your goal is to draw a ton of cards and protect yourself with control pieces, would something like Psychosis Crawler be a decent finisher for you?

pokken

Ruiner wrote:
2 years ago
If your goal is to draw a ton of cards and protect yourself with control pieces, would something like Psychosis Crawler be a decent finisher for you?
It's an interesting thought but really looking for standalone finishers who can close the game mostly on their own. Think Tidespout Tyrant and Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”