best threaten effects in rackdos for edh

nobody
Pronoun: he / him

Post by nobody » 3 years ago

hi not sure if this is the right place but I am building tevash szat + rog a was looking for some of the edh playable threaten effects or any staple of sackdos really.

thanks in advance

Tags:

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 3 years ago

Molten Primordial is always my favorite of that effect, even though it's pretty pricy you can often reanimate it repeatedly which is fun :) (or Feldon of the Third Path copies of it at instant speed).

I also really like Mob Rule - often winds up being Insurrection for 2 cheaper.

Sinis
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Sinis » 3 years ago

Generally speaking, they'll be sorcery speed. Here are the ones I think are the best.

Kari Zev's Expertise is pretty good, especially if you want to follow up with a free Fling.
Traitorous Greed is a lot like KZE, only you're paying one more, but not restricted to how you spend your two free mana.
Harness by Force is a basic sorcery Threaten, but you can take multiples if you have a sacrifice outlet that you can use multiple times.
Act of Aggression allows for Phyrexian Mana, but it can be used at instant speed. It can be powerful if you want to borrow a creature to block with.
Blind with Anger is only non-legendary creatures, but, instant means you can engage in some enemy attack step shenanigans.
Captivating Crew is repeatable, but costs a premium.
Grab the Reins is good as a sacrifice play, Threaten, or both. It's also instant, but, it doesn't untap the creature (though it does give it haste) so that's something to be aware of.

I'm of the opinion that even Threaten is playable in the right deck; how good these effects need to be will probably be dependent on your environment.

Ruiner

Post by Ruiner » 3 years ago

Frenzied Fugue is a favorite of mine but if you are planning to sacrifice then that's not so great.

Word of Seizing just for the ability to take anything and it is practically uncounterable.

Kari Zev's Expertise is nice since it gets you a free spell.

Besmirch is fun to say, and the goad effect can be nice (if you are not planning to sacrifice).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”