Archelos The Psychedelic Turtle

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kirkusjones » 3 years ago

In coming up with brews forArchelos, Lagoon Mystic I started tinkering with a shaman tribal deck. I decided to go in the direction of BUG control, as my playgroup is more competitive, but I still want to put together a shaman list as well. In thinking about themes, shamans are often associated with visions and psychedelics. Which brings me to the purpose of my post: let's brew up a psychedelic BUG deck! There will definitely be some fungi, of course, but I need ways to close out the game. Open to any and all suggestions!
Last edited by kirkusjones 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Tags:

Serenade
UnderKing
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Serenade » 3 years ago

The only card I've thought about running with our turtle friend is Centaur Omenreader. Might not fit thematically (though I'm sure one could stretch to make it work), but that cost reduction seems too good.
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

ilovesaprolings

Post by ilovesaprolings » 3 years ago

Freed from the Real is psychedelic enough?

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb

Loving these suggestions. Paradise Mantle will be his drug rug. Freed From the Real, Aura of Dominion and Pemmin's Aura are already in, as is Spring Leaf Drum (drum circle, anyone?). I'll start assembling a list today.

UnNamed1

Post by UnNamed1 » 3 years ago

kirkusjones wrote:
3 years ago
Loving these suggestions. Paradise Mantle will be his drug rug. Freed From the Real, Aura of Dominion and Pemmin's Aura are already in, as is Spring Leaf Drum (drum circle, anyone?). I'll start assembling a list today.
If you don't have a list yet, you can take a look at mine. I went heavy control and stax, but you can put even more in.

This is geared to be more competitive than casual, mind you.
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/spCvjgGI402hCaNXGN7bhA

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb

UnNamed1 wrote:
3 years ago
kirkusjones wrote:
3 years ago
If you don't have a list yet, you can take a look at mine. I went heavy control and stax, but you can put even more in.

This is geared to be more competitive than casual, mind you.
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/spCvjgGI402hCaNXGN7bhA
I'm still messing with a couple of lists, the main deck I plan on playing with Archelos is more competitive, as my playgroup skews that way. I enjoy theory-crafting casual, thematic decks, thought.

WolfWhoWanders

Post by WolfWhoWanders » 3 years ago

I made an evil Great Aurora version of Archelos and have been considering using him for a long thought of mushroom trip experience deck. I think I'll include things like Slimefoot, the Stowaway (my original commander thought) and other fungus generators. Earthcraft would be on theme, Shamanic Revelation could do some work. Sadistic Hypnotist could represent the darker side of things. I feel like you could make a pretty reasonably strong deck while staying on theme. What I like about building like this is I can take deck concepts that are otherwise too strong for my group, jank them up a little and still have fun. I recently made a Hans and Saffi deck because I started playing then and thought Lhurgoyf was the coolest card ever. A straight up Saffi deck might come on a little too strong, but throw them together in a deck and try to make it work and I had a ton of fun and the deck works pretty well. I feel like I need to do a similar thing here. Archelos is gonna make people in my playgroup cry the way I currently have him built. It's good for when I play with stronger decks, but that's not really them.
Responds well to spells and abilities

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”