Thalia & Gitrog Enchantress Lands

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

Froggirl Enchantress

Words

So this deck is just brewing, but basically it looks to use T&GM to hit extra land drops, then turn the lands into creatures and kill everybody. We have subthemes:

* a minor lands theme to protect and find Serra's Sanctum, and a lso maintain Volrath's Stronghold to protect our landkillers
* a small reanimation theme to ensure Doomwake Giant or Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite stick to kill opposing lands with Nature's Revolt and Living Plane
* a sizable graveyard theme with Replenish to combo with Doomwake Giant + Living Plane
* enchantress control with Opalescence / Starfield of Nyx + Parallax Wave combo
* Gitrog eats Academy Rector which is sweet.

I'm missing some key synergies I'm sure and the deck's missing some polish, probably playing too many lands, etc. But here's the draft anyway.

There's some tension between Utopia Sprawl and Exploration as ramp but I don't go super all in on land drop ramp.

Deck

Froggirl Enchantress
Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by pokken 1 year ago, edited 10 times in total.

rogerandover

Post by rogerandover » 1 year ago

Wouldn't this be a deck for Skybind? And Sacred Mesa (one of my all time favourite cards!)

Chromaticus
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Chromaticus » 1 year ago

One sided mass land destruction as the kill condition? It's been quite some time since I've seen that proposed :D

I notice you're not using any space on Crucible of Worlds or Crucible-like effects. I believe those are going to be strong enough synergy with the commander to be better than some of the enchantment synergy. Maybe cut O-Ring and Dryad of the Ilysian Grove? Or a basic?

Deck looks like an absolute beating.

pokken

rogerandover wrote:
1 year ago
Wouldn't this be a deck for Skybind? And Sacred Mesa (one of my all time favourite cards!)
I was thinking so but without a Heliod, God of the Sun type effect I didn't think I had quite enough going on for it to work. The average cost per enchantment is pretty high overall, and I don't have all the enchantresses, or enough flash/instants to play off of blinking Serra's Sanctum.

It's possible a Skybind package could work. just not sure how it fits.
Chromaticus wrote:
1 year ago
One sided mass land destruction as the kill condition? It's been quite some time since I've seen that proposed :D

I notice you're not using any space on Crucible of Worlds or Crucible-like effects. I believe those are going to be strong enough synergy with the commander to be better than some of the enchantment synergy. Maybe cut O-Ring and Dryad of the Ilysian Grove? Or a basic?

Deck looks like an absolute beating.
I'm not a super nice person I guess, but I feel like if people just scoop to it then it's not so bad? Not really any worse than just dying to a Thassa's Oracle combo or whatever, and requires a lot more setup. The hilarious thing is you can Replenish the entire combo with Doomwake Giant which I find just so cute

So I do have Life from the Loam, but my thought was *in general* that TGM should be feedable through enchantresses/necropotence/bazaar/library/etc. But I tend to run my decks pretty close to the edge of efficiency for card draw. Plus the very large land count..which realisticaly is probably too much :P I could possibly get this down to 40-42 or so.

The goal is to not go super deep on TGM, mostly just using her as a sac out let for Academy Rector while providing a combat deterrent, slight card draw and end game ramp engine.

It's very probable I should add a Ramunap Excavator. My original thought was to run Titania's Song which meant I didn't want any crucibles to nonbo - maybe I should squeeze that back in, since it's pretty good.

I also probably need to consider a few more card draw options, maybe even just getting a Tranquil Thicket in there, and maybe some more mill-type effects.

Chromaticus
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Chromaticus » 1 year ago

What is the payoff for Academy Rector ? It looks like it would be the other half of whatever you've got in play / hand for the most part

pokken

Chromaticus wrote:
1 year ago
What is the payoff for Academy Rector ? It looks like it would be the other half of whatever you've got in play / hand for the most part
Yup you got it, doomwake or Living Plane or Animate Dead for Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite type thing. Lots of play there.

In some games you'd rather get Necropotence ofc. or the other half of Parallax Wave

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”