NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

M.O.D.O.K. 5U
Legendary Artifact Creature- Genius (R)
When M.O.D.O.K. enters the battlefield, create 2 1/1 blue Minion creature tokens with "U: Change the target of target spell that would target only a legendary creature you control to this creature."
When M.O.D.O.K. deals combat damage to a player, you may pay UU. If you do, that player draws each card in their library.
U: M.O.D.O.K gains flying until end of turn.
2/2
Unnecessary extras
Show
Hide

Gamma Infusion 3GG
Enchantment- Aura (R)
Enchanted creature gets +8/+8 and gains trample. It loses all other abilities.
"Is there a yellow hulk yet?"

Cap's Shield 3
Legendary Artifact- Equipment (U)
Indestructible
Equip: 3
Equip Soldier or Superhero: 1
Equipped creature gets +1/+3, vigilance, and hexproof

Mastermold
Legendary Artifact Creature- Sentinel
Hexproof from spells with mana value 3 or less.
T: Create 3 6/6 colorless artifact Sentinel creature tokens with flying.
Tap three untapped Sentinels you control: Destroy target Mutant.
12/14

Kang the Conqueror 3UU
Legendary Creature- Human Genius
Flash
T: Take an extra turn after this one. Activate this ability only once each turn, and only if you've never taken an extra turn this game.
U: Return target permanent you control to its owner's hand.
2/5
IIW: Mundane
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 5 times in total.

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

*Checks nexus flamingo* :\

Sees M.O.D.O.K. as a submission. :smirk:

Sees prompt: "Marvel Universes Beyond" :grin:

I call the X-Men! no regurts!

Cyclops, Team Leader
Legendary Creature — Human Mutant (M)
Vigilance
Other Mutants you control get +1/+1
Whenever Cyclops, Team Leader attacks, you may pay . If you do, Cyclops deals X damage to any target.
2/4

Shadowcat, Elusive Scout
Legendary Creature — Human Mutant (R)
: Target creature you control phases out. (Treat it and anything attached to it as though they don't exist until its controller's next turn.)
: Target creature you control can't be blocked this turn.
2/2

Rouge, Unpredictable Shapeshifter
Legendary Creature — Human Rouge Mutant (R)
Whenever Rogue, Unpredictable Shapeshifter deals combat damage to a creature an opponent controls, tap that creature and put two stun counters on it. Until the beginning of your next end step, Rouge becomes a copy of that creature.
2/3

Jean Grey, Telepathic Prodigy
Flying
Other Mutants you control have Ward .
Whenever Jean Grey, Telepathic Prodigy attacks, you may pay . If you do, you may tap or untap up to X target nonland permanents.
At the beginning of your upkeep, target opponent mills the top card of their library. If a noncreature card was milled this way, draw a card. Otherwise, you gain 3 life.
3/5

Wolverine, Ferocious Warrior
Double strike
Enrage — Whenever Wolverine is dealt damage, he gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Pay 3 life: Wolverine gains indestructible until end of turn. Tap him.
2/4

IIW: Universes Beyond: Redwall
Last edited by Venedrex 1 year ago, edited 4 times in total.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
I think you'll have at least one regrut if you don't add an IIW to the post

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Man I got nothing.

Maybelle "Aunt May" Parker
1{W}
Legendary Creature - Human Citizen (U)
Vigilance
When Maybelle "Aunt May" Parker enters the battlefield, you gain 2 life.
As long as you control a Superhero, "Aunt May" gets +0/+2 and has ward {4}.
0/2
"Oh great, it's Liv."

Dr. Olivia Octavius
3{U}{B}{R}
Legendary Creature - Human Scientist Villain (M)
Double strike, reach, prowess
Fabricate 1, fabricate 1, fabricate 1, fabricate 1
Whenever an artifact creature you control attacks, defending player loses 1 life.
0/4
"My friends actually call me Liv. My enemies call me Doc Ock."

IIW: anything
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Gambit 2R
Legendary Creature - Human Mutant Rogue (R)
When Gambit enters the battlefield, choose one. If you control another mutant, do both -
* Create a clue token (it's an artifact with "2, T, Sacrifice this: Draw a card.")
* Distribute three kinetic counters among artifacts you control (when you sacrifice an artifact with kinetic counters, it deals damage equal to the number of those counters to any target.)
3/2

Beast 2GU
Legendary Creature - Human Mutant Beast (R)
Reach
T: Put a hack counter on target nonbasic land.
Remove a hack counter from a land: Target creature can't be blocked this turn.
Whenever you attack, you may pay 3. If you do, draw a card for each attacking creature that Beast targeted this turn.
4/4

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Curtis Connors GU
Legendary Creature — Human Advisor (R)
Whenever Curtis Connors or another Human enters the battlefield under your control, investigate.
At the beginning of your end step, you may sacrifice two Clues. If you do, transform Curtis Connors.
2/2
//
The Lizard
({G/U}) Legendary Creature — Lizard Advisor (R)
Menace
Whenever The Lizard deals attacks, put a lizard counter on another target creature. It becomes a 4/4 green Lizard and loses all abilities for as long as it has a lizard counter on it.
Whenever The Lizard becomes blocked by two or more creatures, remove it from combat. Remove all lizard counters from all creatures, then transform The Lizard.
5/5

IIW: A potent beverage
Last edited by Cythare 1 year ago, edited 3 times in total.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

i'm full on studying this weekend and don't have brainspace to participate in this round, but i do want to share a couple of x-men designs i made in 2019 for funsies that i really like. i don't know if i've shared them here before. (no IIW here i'm just sharing them hoping you'll all enjoy them too)
rogue, the untouchable
Show
Hide
Rogue, the Untouchable.jpg
the juggernaut
Show
Hide
The Juggernaut.jpg

chetoos

I'll judge in the morning.

chetoos

Excelsior everyone! Let's judge these great entries!
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Spider-man 2W
Legendary Creature - Spider Human Superhero (R)
Vigilance, Ward 2
W, T: Target creature an opponent controls gets -2/-0 until end of turn. If it's attacking, it becomes blocked by Spider-man.
2/2

IIW: against trope
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Gambit 2R
Legendary Creature - Human Mutant Rogue (R)
When Gambit enters the battlefield, choose one. If you control another mutant, do both -
* Create a clue token (it's an artifact with "2, T, Sacrifice this: Draw a card.")
* Distribute three kinetic counters among artifacts you control (when you sacrifice an artifact with kinetic counters, it deals damage equal to the number of those counters to any target.)
3/2

Beast 2GU
Legendary Creature - Human Mutant Beast (R)
Reach
T: Put a hack counter on target nonbasic land.
Remove a hack counter from a land: Target creature can't be blocked this turn.
Whenever you attack, you may pay 3. If you do, draw a card for each attacking creature that Beast targeted this turn.
4/4
Juancu, my dude, you've got to learn about the edit button. Other than that, I'm mostly judging flavor here, since these wouldn't be in a standard legal product, and I don't care about power level here, honestly. Spider-man is good, as are his types, but I feel like mutant chars shouldn't have the human type, since they are genetically different, classified as homo superior. At the very least, beast and other more transformed mutants shouldn't class as humans. Gambit has good abilities, but I feel like Beast is a little strange, but he's also harder to quantify in one card.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
M.O.D.O.K. 5U
Legendary Artifact Creature- Genius (R)
When M.O.D.O.K. enters the battlefield, create 2 1/1 blue Minion creature tokens with "U: Change the target of target spell that would target only a legendary creature you control to this creature."
When M.O.D.O.K. deals combat damage to a player, you may pay UU. If you do, that player draws each card in their library.
U: M.O.D.O.K gains flying until end of turn.
2/2
Unnecessary extras
Show
Hide

Gamma Infusion 3GG
Enchantment- Aura (R)
Enchanted creature gets +8/+8 and gains trample. It loses all other abilities.
"Is there a yellow hulk yet?"

Cap's Shield 3
Legendary Artifact- Equipment (U)
Indestructible
Equip: 3
Equip Soldier or Superhero: 1
Equipped creature gets +1/+3, vigilance, and hexproof

Mastermold
Legendary Artifact Creature- Sentinel
Hexproof from spells with mana value 3 or less.
T: Create 3 6/6 colorless artifact Sentinel creature tokens with flying.
Tap three untapped Sentinels you control: Destroy target Mutant.
12/14

Kang the Conqueror 3UU
Legendary Creature- Human Genius
Flash
T: Take an extra turn after this one. Activate this ability only once each turn, and only if you've never taken an extra turn this game.
U: Return target permanent you control to its owner's hand.
2/5
IIW: Mundane
All of these feel like good interpretations of their counterparts except for the Master Mold, which I feel should be more of a Precursor Golem type of thing.
Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
*Checks nexus flamingo* :\

Sees M.O.D.O.K. as a submission. :smirk:

Sees prompt: "Marvel Universes Beyond" :grin:

Cyclops, Team Leader
Vigilance
Other Mutants you control get +1/+1
Whenever Cyclops, Team Leader attacks, you may pay . If you do, Cyclops deals X damage to any target.
2/4

Shadowcat, Elusive Scout
Legendary Creature — Human Mutant (R)
: Target creature you control phases out. (Treat it and anything attached to it as though they don't exist until its controller's next turn.)
: Target creature you control can't be blocked this turn.
2/2

Rouge, Unpredictable Shapeshifter
Legendary Creature — Human Rouge Mutant (R)
Whenever Rogue, Unpredictable Shapeshifter deals combat damage to a creature an opponent controls, tap that creature and put two stun counters on it. Until the beginning of your next end step, Rouge becomes a copy of that creature.
2/3

Jean Grey, Telepathic Prodigy
Flying
Other Mutants you control have Ward .
Whenever Jean Grey, Telepathic Prodigy attacks, you may pay . If you do, you may tap or untap up to X target nonland permanents.
At the beginning of your upkeep, target opponent mills the top card of their library. If a noncreature card was milled this way, draw a card. Otherwise, you gain 3 life.
3/5

Wolverine, Ferocious Warrior
Double strike
Enrage — Whenever Wolverine is dealt damage, he gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Pay 3 life: Wolverine gains indestructible until end of turn. Tap him.
2/4

IIW: Universes Beyond: Redwall
See above comment about human type, but I really like Wolverine with the enrage ability. Jean Grey seems really unfair as well, honestly, maybe putting a cap on her thing, or maybe she can't target things for the person she's attacking?
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Man I got nothing.

Maybelle "Aunt May" Parker
1{W}
Legendary Creature - Human Citizen (U)
Vigilance
When Maybelle "Aunt May" Parker enters the battlefield, you gain 2 life.
As long as you control a Superhero, "Aunt May" gets +0/+2 and has ward {4}.
0/2
"Oh great, it's Liv."

Dr. Olivia Octavius
3{U}{B}{R}
Legendary Creature - Human Scientist Villain (M)
Double strike, reach, prowess
Fabricate 1, fabricate 1, fabricate 1, fabricate 1
Whenever an artifact creature you control attacks, defending player loses 1 life.
0/4
"My friends actually call me Liv. My enemies call me Doc Ock."

IIW: anything
I love you referencing the "great it's liv" line, because it's got such a background in the comics. I also like the multiple fabricate triggers on Liv herself, even if it seems really annoying to resolve in digital.

Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Curtis Connors GU
Legendary Creature — Human Advisor (R)
Whenever Curtis Connors or another Human enters the battlefield under your control, investigate.
At the beginning of your end step, you may sacrifice two Clues. If you do, transform Curtis Connors.
2/2
//
The Lizard
({G/U}) Legendary Creature — Lizard Advisor (R)
Menace
Whenever The Lizard deals attacks, put a lizard counter on another target creature. It becomes a 4/4 green Lizard and loses all abilities for as long as it has a lizard counter on it.
Whenever The Lizard becomes blocked by two or more creatures, remove it from combat. Remove all lizard counters from all creatures, then transform The Lizard.
5/5

IIW: A potent beverage
Fun fact, Sam Raimi wanted to do Lizard and Mysterio in the 4th spider-man movie he was gonna make. This doesn't really spark anything in me, but I like the transformation aspect.

Winner: @Venedrex for wolverine and cyclops
Next: Universes beyond: Redwall (Are other talking animal stories ok to draw from? I've never read redwall.)

Juancu

Watched youtube, didn't enjoy.
Musings on why
Show
Hide
what with the portrayal of the whole rat race as evil, sheesh. Maybe I'm just sensitive lately, beacuse xenophobia has started taking root in my country, with people linking the uptick of immigration with the sense of insecurity, but oh boy, I'd not want children watching that. I was rooting for the abbot allowing safe passage to the 'travellers' while the good guys shouted at them that they were dirty rats. Anyways, skipping.
Edit: Reexamining my own assumptions, I do love the lord of the rings, and it's not like the orcs are such a different concept. I could excuse it with the existence of a corrupting influence (Melkor's) but anyways, the point stands that is worrisome. My current headcanon is that orcs were actually ugly elves all along. There were elfs who did some pretty ugly things in the silmarillion, and maybe the best of them elves would have been corrupted from being born in a brutal society under the influence of a dark master, and finding only death at the hand of other races.

Venedrex

chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Winner: @Venedrex for wolverine and cyclops
Next: Universes beyond: Redwall (Are other talking animal stories ok to draw from? I've never read redwall.)
Sure. In fact, I did not intend to pick something that would be controversial, I just thought it would be a fun setting to get a set where there are talking animals and Food. My apologies. I feel bad for picking something that is upsetting. If everyone wants I'd be happy to just give something else as the IIW, like Universes Beyond: Halo. Or just Talking Animals in general, no Redwall. Or Small woodland creatures that don't talk. Or Magic Origins 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Redwall was just the first thing that popped into my head, but I'm totally good with the prompt being literally anything else.

chetoos

It's not upsetting, I'm just not up on the story, so I don't feel like I'd be able to make a good card.

Juancu

Don't feel bad, I wasn't upset, I just didn't enjoy it. And like I said after an Edit, if redwall and Lord of rings were flipped in the order I consumed them, maybe I'd remember redwall fondly, and think of LoTR: "Sheesh, what's with this treatment of orcs??" (Well, I do think that now, yet love the books.) Anyways, I'm no one to be critizing what other people enjoy.
I will enter something with Babar or mouseguard.

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

babar
MEG

Venedrex

Once again, my apologies, I kind of replied to Cheetos with a statement influenced by what Juancu said, but it turns out I misinterpreted what Juancu did say, so uh I'm just tripping all over myself. Sorry guys. Just ignore my dumb responses. And anyone who isn't familiar with or doesn't enjoy Redwall is free to make just talking animals in general of course.

Megiddo
MEG

I might have to do a lorescan to refresh myself... it's been more than twenty years since I read any Redwall.
MEG

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 1 year ago

A brief refresher later...

Guosim Log-a-Log 1WW
Creature - Shrew Warrior (U)
First strike, vigilance
Other Shrews you control get +1/+1.
Whenever Guosim Log-a-Log and two or more other Shrews attack or block, prevent all damage that would be dealt to those creatures until end of turn.
2/2

You know I could swear the shrews had a battle tactic referred to as a 'pinwheel', but I can't find evidence of that.

Glorious Feast X{G/W}{G/W}{G/W}{G/W}
Sorcery (R)
Create X 1/1 green and white Citizen creature tokens, then for each creature you control create a Food token.
Redwall Abbey has many claims to fame, but their seasonal feasts may be the highest.

IIW: Replacing card draw
Last edited by Ink-Treader 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

Juancu

Scrooge McDuck 2WB
Legendary Creature - Duck Magnate (M)
When Scrooge McDuck enters the battlefield, create twenty treasure tokens. You get an emblem with "Whenever you sacrifice a Treasure, you lose the game."
3/4

No iiw (I'm still sorry for my first post, haha. Going forward I'll be sure to reflect more before posting a quick hot take that's a downer.)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Orlando the Axe 1RGW
Legendary Creature - Badger Warrior (M)
Trample
Controlled Bloodwrath - At the beginning of combat on your turn, if Orlando the Axe didn't enter the battlefield this turn, you may pay 4 life. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on Orlando the Axe and prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to it this turn.
Eulalia! - Whenever Orlando the Axe attacks, creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn. Untap all Badgers and Rabbits you control and those creatures gain hexproof until end of turn.
3/3

IIW: Sheep

@Juancu It's important to critically examine what we consume! I don't think you said anything wrong, and nobody feels hurt, it seems. I have a lot of sentimental attachment to Redwall (and LotR) but their authors, while quite different people, both had a mindset that glorified idealized countrysides and wrote about fantastical past-like settings. It's easy for that kind of story to reproduce unhealthy and bigoted attitudes we have in the present, even unintentionally. And we have to be able to unpack that.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

All I really know of Redwall is the aesthetic.

Agoraphobic Mole 1G
Creature- Mole Citizen (C)
Agoraphobic Mole can't be blocked by creatures with flying.
1G: Agoraphobic Mole gains Hexproof until end of turn. Remove it from combat.
2/2

Order of the Sacred Paw W
Creature- Mouse Knight (U)
First strike, vigilance, lifelink
"Fear not, little vole!"
1/1

City of Critters
Land (R)
T: Add one mana of any color. You lose 2 life unless you control a creature of that color.

IIW: Rule of threes
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

chetoos

Mufasa, great king of the pridelands 2RW
Legendary Creature - Cat Noble
When Mufasa enters the battlefield, you become the monarch
Other cats you control get +1/+1.
Sacrifice Mufasa: phase target creature you control out, return Mufasa to the battlefield transformed. When you do, Target opponent becomes the monarch
3/2
////
Mufasa, great king of the past (RW)
Legendary Enchantment
Creatures you control have dethrone.
As long as a creature you control is attacking the monarch, it has first strike.

I was considering other cards, but I just like how clean I made Mufasa, so I'm gonna leave it.
IIW: Testing

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

I think this one has run its course. @Venedrex judge?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

my mind has gone blank. as far as i'm concerned, i've never so much as seen an animal make noise, let alone talk.
MEG

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

I can think of any specific animal stories to manage right now so here's just an animal guy.

Marco, Swift Duelist WW
Legendary Creature — Mouse Soldier
Double strike
Marco can't be blocked by more than one creature.
Marco has indestructible as long as it's your turn.
"En garde!"
1/1

IIW: Ravnica, long before Azor arrived

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

That would be - a pretty good Martin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”