Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 weeks ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
3 weeks ago
spacemonaut wrote:
3 weeks ago
This is a great Basal Thrull callback.
Two-in-one special, in fact. ;)
I was wondering where the +1/+2 came from! I was expecting to see a 1/3 Thrull but I couldn't find one.

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 3 weeks ago

Alternate prompt: Mounts/saddle

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 weeks ago

Leiothrix Lyricist
2{U}
Creature - Bird Bard (C)
Flying
Whenever you draw your second card each turn, up to one target creature gets -2/-0 until end of turn.
1{U}, {T}: Draw a card, then discard a card.
2/1
Songbird spies relayed detailed enemy plans disguised as innocent songs.

IIW: Creature type: Balloon
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 3 weeks ago

Trusty Goliath 2GW
(art: a giant rhinoceros beetle with multiple boxes on its back. two mice are on opposite sides of the beetle, pulling rope to fasten the boxes to the beetle)
Creature - Insect Mount (Rare)
Vigilance
Whenever Trusty Goliath attacks, if it is saddled, put a +1/+1 counter on each attacking creature you control and each creature saddling Trusty Goliath.
Saddle 3
"They'e hardy, straightforward, and don't ask for much. They're the best part of this caravan, even over me."
—Milo, travelling salesman

4/4

IIW: even more Mounts

chetoos

judging tonight, get all your entries in today :)

chetoos

Well, it's judging time...
3 weeks ago
Leiothrix Lyricist
2{U}
Creature - Bird Bard (C)
Flying
Whenever you draw your second card each turn, up to one target creature gets -2/-0 until end of turn.
1{U}, {T}: Draw a card, then discard a card.
2/1
Songbird spies relayed detailed enemy plans disguised as innocent songs.

IIW: Creature type: Balloon
I like it, simple effect, though I'm not sure that "draw second card" is simple enough to be on a common yet. Still, a good puzzle for new players to figure out, useful for limited.
lookingupanddown wrote:
3 weeks ago
Trusty Goliath 2GW
(art: a giant rhinoceros beetle with multiple boxes on its back. two mice are on opposite sides of the beetle, pulling rope to fasten the boxes to the beetle)
Creature - Insect Mount (Rare)
Vigilance
Whenever Trusty Goliath attacks, if it is saddled, put a +1/+1 counter on each attacking creature you control and each creature saddling Trusty Goliath.
Saddle 3
"They'e hardy, straightforward, and don't ask for much. They're the best part of this caravan, even over me."
—Milo, travelling salesman

4/4

IIW: even more Mounts
That's a ridiculous benefit to saddling there, basically never not saddling this thing. And it's vigilant? This is way too good, honestly.

Winner: @Sporegorger_Dragon
Next: Creature Type: Balloon

chetoos

Crafty Clown 3BR
Creature - Clown
1BR, : Exile target creature card from a graveyard, and create a token that's a copy of it. The token is a balloon in addition to its other types, has base power and toughness 3/3, and has "Damage dealt to this creature is dealt as though the source had wither."
Whenever a balloon you control attacks, you may have that creature gain flying until end of turn. If you do, sacrifice that creature at the beginning of the next end step.

4/4

IIW: return to tarkir

Sporegorger_Dragon

*Plummets towards the earth, having grossly underestimated the size of the helium balloon required to keep me aloft*

Welp, I know a dud when I see one.
chetoos wrote:
3 weeks ago
Crafty Clown 3BR
Creature - Clown
1BR, : Exile target creature card from a graveyard, and create a token that's a copy of it. The token is a balloon in addition to its other types, has base power and toughness 3/3, and has "Damage dealt to this creature is dealt as though the source had wither."
Whenever a balloon you control attacks, you may have that creature gain flying until end of turn. If you do, sacrifice that creature at the beginning of the next end step.
4/4

IIW: return to tarkir
Hah, balloon animals! I assume the tokens are each composed of multiple balloons, and every time they get damaged some of them get popped, hence the wither.

Neat idea, but it's a somewhat unsettling design choice that this Clown has no other creature type, was that intentional?

Winner:
chetoos!

Next:
cheetos can't wait for the Dragonstorm arc, so they want to return to Tarkir now!

chetoos

3 weeks ago
I assume the tokens are each composed of multiple balloons, and every time they get damaged some of them get popped, hence the wither.

Neat idea, but it's a somewhat unsettling design choice that this Clown has no other creature type, was that intentional?
Right on both counts, though not really trying to be unsettling with the no other creature types, but Clowns were just clowns on the astrotorium, so I figured it worked. And the flying ability is because you can release the air from them, and make them fly, but then they collapse.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Naga will eventually be errataed to Snake, and I assume that will happen in the Dragonstorm set.

Gudul Guide
{G}{U}
Creature - Snake Scout (C)
When Gudul Guide enters the battlefield, mill two cards. You may put a land card from among the cards milled this way into your hand. If you don't, amass Zombies 2.
1/1

Dread Broodtyrant
5{B}{B}
Creature - Dragon (R)
Flying
Exploit
Whenever a creature you control exploits a non-Dragon creature, create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying. If the exploited creature had power 4 or greater, draw a card.
5/5

IIW: Beetle or Crab

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 3 weeks ago

Here me out: dragons joining the clans.

Pit Forager 4G
Creature- Dragon Zombie (Common)
Flying
When Pit Forager enters the battlefield, you may pay UB. If you do, stockpile 3. (To stockpile 3, reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal three creatures cards. Put all cards revealed this way into your graveyard.)
"I don't usually find fresh meat in these traps. You have my gratitude, interloper."
5/5

Abzan Sunrider 2W
Creature- Orc Warrior (Uncommon)
Vigilance
Abzan Sunrider has flying and "BG: Put a +1/+1 counter on Abzan Sunrider. Activate only once per turn." if you control a Dragon.
"This is our home now, brother. Bond, not blood, is the reason we fight."
3/2

Packleader Dragon 4RG
Creature - Dragon (Uncommon)
Flying, trample
When Packleader Dragon enters the battlefield, put X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the greatest power among other creatures you control.
The Temur are like the claws of their dragons: savage, hardened, and a force of nature by itself.
4/4

IIW: more Mounts
Last edited by lookingupanddown 2 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.

chetoos

Surrak off punching bears now. Return tonight, to judge new clan members. Bring many bears for Surrak to punch

chetoos

Post by chetoos » 2 weeks ago

*Surrak returns, clutching a restraining order from Bruse Tarl, Roving Rancher.*
Surrak apparently needs to learn the difference between types of bears.
3 weeks ago
Naga will eventually be errataed to Snake, and I assume that will happen in the Dragonstorm set.

Gudul Guide
{G}{U}
Creature - Snake Scout (C)
When Gudul Guide enters the battlefield, mill two cards. You may put a land card from among the cards milled this way into your hand. If you don't, amass Zombies 2.
1/1

Dread Broodtyrant
5{B}{B}
Creature - Dragon (R)
Flying
Exploit
Whenever a creature you control exploits a non-Dragon creature, create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying. If the exploited creature had power 4 or greater, draw a card.
5/5

IIW: Beetle or Crab
These seem like good applicants to sultai, not temur, though that snake could be useful. How do you feel about cheery dinners around the fire?
lookingupanddown wrote:
3 weeks ago
Here me out: dragons joining the clans.

Pit Forager 4G
Creature- Dragon Zombie (Common)
Flying
When Pit Forager enters the battlefield, you may pay UB. If you do, stockpile 3. (To stockpile 3, reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal three creatures cards. Put all cards revealed this way into your graveyard.)
"I don't usually find fresh meat in these traps. You have my gratitude, interloper."
5/5

Abzan Sunrider 2W
Creature- Orc Warrior (Uncommon)
Vigilance
Abzan Sunrider has flying and "BG: Put a +1/+1 counter on Abzan Sunrider. Activate only once per turn." if you control a Dragon.
"This is our home now, brother. Bond, not blood, is the reason we fight."
3/2

Packleader Dragon 4RG
Creature - Dragon (Uncommon)
Flying, trample
When Packleader Dragon enters the battlefield, put X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the greatest power among other creatures you control.
The Temur are like the claws of their dragons: savage, hardened, and a force of nature by itself.
4/4

IIW: more Mounts
stockpile seems incredibly broken, since we only have the one version of that effect currently, and it only mills the creatures, but the other two are good representations of their specific areas.

Winner: @lookingupanddown for packleader dragon
Next: More Mounts

chetoos

Magic Carpet 3r
Artifact creature - construct mount
Flying, haste
Whenever Magic Carpet attacks, exile the top card of your library. Until end of turn, you may play that card, and if it has mana value less than or equal to magic Carpet's power, you may cast it without paying it's mana cost.
Whenever Magic Carpet becomes saddled, it gets +x/+0 until end of turn, where x is the total power of creatures that saddled magic carpet.
Saddle 1
2/4

Iiw: Initiative/dungeons/monarchy
Last edited by chetoos 2 weeks ago, edited 2 times in total.

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 2 weeks ago

alternate prompt: creature type Robot

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 weeks ago

Route-Sniffer Mole GWU
Creature - Mole Mount (R)
Route-Sniffer Mole has hexproof and can't be blocked as long as it's saddled.
Whenever Route-Sniffer Mole attacks, mill three cards, then choose a card in your graveyard that's an artifact with mana value 3 or less or a land. If Route-Sniffer Mole is saddled, return that card to the battlefield. Otherwise, return that card to your hand.
Saddle 3
3/3

IIW: Kamigawan oni
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

chetoos

Takeover of House Aubusson 4WB
Battle - Siege
When Takeover of House Aubusson enters the battlefield, each player chooses 1 non-artifact creature they control, then destroy all other non-artifact creatures.
Thanks to a low level polling glitch patch, Aurora created a backdoor to take over 4 habitats in the Glitter Band...
//
Aurora's Matterforge
Artifact
Aurora's Matterforge enters the battlefield tapped.
When Aurora's matterforge enters the battlefield, create a 2/2 robot insect artifact creature token with Annihilator 1.
5, , sacrifice a permanent: populate twice.
...From which, she would spread, until each habitat fell to her influence.
explanation
Show
Hide
Aurora is a superAI who wants to prevent a terrible fate, and decides the best path is total control. When she takes over House Aubusson, she uses everything that isn't nailed down, and many things that are, to create her insect robots, that are meant to swarm and take over the next habitat in line.
IIW: Make a card that's a moment from your favorite book or show, however you choose to portray it.

lookingupanddown

well that was a dud lol
chetoos wrote:
2 weeks ago
Magic Carpet 3r
Artifact creature - construct mount
Flying, haste
Whenever Magic Carpet attacks, exile the top card of your library. Until end of turn, you may play that card, and if it has mana value less than or equal to magic Carpet's power, you may cast it without paying it's mana cost.
Whenever Magic Carpet becomes saddled, it gets +x/+0 until end of turn, where x is the total power of creatures that saddled magic carpet.
Saddle 1
2/4

Iiw: Initiative/dungeons/monarchy
We're going to get this one of these days, and this card illustrates one of the many ways to do it. I'd personally make it 2RR to cast, but this works well as is.
void_nothing wrote:
2 weeks ago
Route-Sniffer Mole GWU
Creature - Mole Mount (R)
Route-Sniffer Mole has hexproof and can't be blocked as long as it's saddled.
Whenever Route-Sniffer Mole attacks, mill three cards, then choose a card in your graveyard that's an artifact with mana value 3 or less or a land. If Route-Sniffer Mole is saddled, return that card to the battlefield. Otherwise, return that card to your hand.
Saddle 3
3/3

IIW: Kamigawan oni
I have no idea why this has white, but solid card all around. This also gives me the funniest mental image of the cards here.
chetoos wrote:
2 weeks ago
Takeover of House Aubusson 4WB
Battle - Siege
When Takeover of House Aubusson enters the battlefield, each player chooses 1 non-artifact creature they control, then destroy all other non-artifact creatures.
Thanks to a low level polling glitch patch, Aurora created a backdoor to take over 4 habitats in the Glitter Band...
//
Aurora's Matterforge
Artifact
Aurora's Matterforge enters the battlefield tapped.
When Aurora's matterforge enters the battlefield, create a 2/2 robot insect artifact creature token with Annihilator 1.
5, , sacrifice a permanent: populate twice.
...From which, she would spread, until each habitat fell to her influence.
explanation
Show
Hide
Aurora is a superAI who wants to prevent a terrible fate, and decides the best path is total control. When she takes over House Aubusson, she uses everything that isn't nailed down, and many things that are, to create her insect robots, that are meant to swarm and take over the next habitat in line.
IIW: Make a card that's a moment from your favorite book or show, however you choose to portray it.
Interesting adaptation, and always like proliferate, sweepers, and grey goo scenarios. You could probably lower the activation cost of the ability and/or make the back end enter untapped.

HM: chetoos for Takeover for House Aubusson // Aurora's Matterforge
Winner: void_nothing for Route-Sniffer Mole

Next: Kamigawan oni

chetoos

Oni of grave betrayals 4br
Creature - demon spirit
Trample
Sacrifice a creature: gain control of target creature with mana value x or less until end of turn, where X is the sacrificed creature's mana value. If you control an ogre as you activated this ability, x is increased by 2. Untap that creature, it gains haste until end of turn. Activate this ability only once each turn.
Creatures you control, but don't own, get +2/+0 and have trample and "This creature must be blocked if able."
6/5

Hellspur Oni 4br
Creature - demon spirit mercenary
Whenever hellspur Oni enters the battlefield or you cast a spell from anywhere other than your hand or a permanent enters the battlefield under your control from your graveyard or from exile, hellspur Oni deals damage to target creature equal to the number of outlaws you control.
Plot 1bbrr
5/5

Iiw: make a card that's a moment from your favorite book or show, however you choose to portray it.
Last edited by chetoos 2 weeks ago, edited 3 times in total.

lookingupanddown

Tragedy of Girigiri BBBB
Enchantment - Saga
I — Create a 1/1 white Human creature token.
II — Each player sacrifices a Human they control. Each player who can't loses 4 life.
III — Exile this Saga, then return it to the battlefield transformed under your control.
//
Girigiri's Vengeance
Enchantment Creature - Demon Spirit
ifelink
Whenever a creature blocks Girigiri's Vengeance, put X -1/-1 counters on it, where X is half the blocking creature's toughness, rounded up.
Whenever Girigiri's Vengeance deals combat damage to a player, that player loses half their life, rounded up.
5/5

IIW: a new land subtype
Last edited by lookingupanddown 2 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 weeks ago

Yukora, the Unfettered
4{B}{B}
Legendary Creature - Demon Spirit (M)
Deathtouch, trample
When Yukora, the Unfettered dies, destroy all non-Ogre non-Demon creatures.
Tap ninety-nine untapped Monks you control: Exile Yukora. It's owner loses 6 life. Any player may activate this ability.
6/6

IIW: Beetle or bug

chetoos

@void_nothing judge?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 2 weeks ago

Will judge tonight.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

chetoos

Post by chetoos » 1 week ago

@Megiddo vs @void_nothing judge off!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 1 week ago

My real passion is not having to get Meg involved
chetoos wrote:
2 weeks ago
Oni of grave betrayals 4br
Creature - demon spirit
Trample
Sacrifice a creature: gain control of target creature with mana value x or less until end of turn, where X is the sacrificed creature's mana value. If you control an ogre as you activated this ability, x is increased by 2. Untap that creature, it gains haste until end of turn. Activate this ability only once each turn.
Creatures you control, but don't own, get +2/+0 and have trample and "This creature must be blocked if able."
6/5

Hellspur Oni 4br
Creature - demon spirit mercenary
Whenever hellspur Oni enters the battlefield or you cast a spell from anywhere other than your hand or a permanent enters the battlefield under your control from your graveyard or from exile, hellspur Oni deals damage to target creature equal to the number of outlaws you control.
Plot 1bbrr
5/5

Iiw: make a card that's a moment from your favorite book or show, however you choose to portray it.
Oni of Grave Betrayals is neat - its build-around nature makes it feel like it should be legendary for EDH, and the Ogre bonus is interesting design space. However... it has a lot of words. Hellspur Oni is a good idea at its core but FOUR trigger conditions in one ability is definitely too much - I don't think it should be counting ETBs from exile, and it might be more interesting if the reanimate trigger has a different effect.
lookingupanddown wrote:
2 weeks ago
Tragedy of Girigiri BBBB
Enchantment - Saga
I — Create a 1/1 white Human creature token.
II — Each player sacrifices a Human they control. Each player who can't loses 4 life.
III — Exile this Saga, then return it to the battlefield transformed under your control.
//
Girigiri's Vengeance
Enchantment Creature - Demon Spirit
ifelink
Whenever a creature blocks Girigiri's Vengeance, put X -1/-1 counters on it, where X is half the blocking creature's toughness, rounded up.
Whenever Girigiri's Vengeance deals combat damage to a player, that player loses half their life, rounded up.
5/5

IIW: a new land subtype
Missing just the first letter of a keyword is a funny typo. I don't think this refers to a preexisting Magic character, but I get a sense of the story, which is important for a Saga. Japanese theater is full of murder-suicide tragedies anyhow. Oddly the life loss in the second chapter is kind of anti-synergistic with the saboteur ability on the back?
2 weeks ago
Yukora, the Unfettered
4{B}{B}
Legendary Creature - Demon Spirit (M)
Deathtouch, trample
When Yukora, the Unfettered dies, destroy all non-Ogre non-Demon creatures.
Tap ninety-nine untapped Monks you control: Exile Yukora. It's owner loses 6 life. Any player may activate this ability.
6/6

IIW: Beetle or bug
Excellent flavor. I don't know if the dies trigger is too strong but it SHOULD be strong. That drawback, such as it is, serves a bit less of a purpose than other big-number trinket text because as it were, this only falls to... changeling token decks, in practice... but Yukora just begs to have an ability like that.

Winner: @Sporegorger_Dragon
Next: Beetle or bug

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”