Omnath's Progression

Thornstrike
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Thornstrike » 4 years ago

So there was a joke made on the main site about how whether or not they'd eventually make a 4-color Omnath. I figured, let's take a shot at what that would look like!

White:
Omnath, Locus of Creation WURG
Legendary Creature - Elemental
Whenever you play a land, for each color of mana that land could produce,
you gain life equal to the number of creatures you control of that color.
Whenever you gain life, create an X/X colorless Elemental Spirit creature token,
where X is the amount of life you gained.
5/5
Yeah, red is kinda left behind on this one. Any suggestions?

Black:
Omnath, Locus of Distruction UBRG
Legendary Creature - Elemental
Whenever another creature you control dies, you may sacrifice a land. When you do, search your
library for up to two land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle
your library.
When Omnath dies, it deals X damage to each creature and planeswalker, where X is the number of
land cards in your graveyard. Then shuffle your graveyard into your library.
5/5
Not sure if that last sentence is needed, but I figured it might make for a better commander this way (you can let it die, then on the shuffle put it back in the command zone).

Any suggestions for the final stage (5 color Omnath)?

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Well, with the white Omnath, if you have it in play and play, say, command tower, you will get at minimum four life, as the ability counts the number of creatures once for each color, and since it is four colors, it gets counted four times. As for the red ability, what if he gives elementals haste or menace as a passive? That is pretty damn red and works well with the token generation.

The black aligned Omnath on the other hand captures the colors perfectly.

As for a potential five color version, I am not certain, something like the following perhaps?

Omnath, Locus of Eternity
WUBRG (Mythic)
Legendary Creature - Elemental Avatar
5/5
White Elementals you control have lifelink.
Blue Elementals you control have hexproof.
Black Elementals you control have deathtouch.
Red Elementals you control have menace.
Green Elementals you control have vigilance.

Basically, functioning like a "super" lord for elementals you control. Do note that he gains all five abilities himself.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Locus of Creation looks like a lot of fun to play with but also crazy overpowered at that cost given, as mentioned, lands that can tap for mana of any color alone, not to mention other broken interactions.

I like Locus of Destruction but it doesn't feel very blue (yes, I suppose shuffling your graveyard into your library has been a blue as well as green ability).

Locus of Eternity is just neat although I'm not sure it fully feels like an Omnath and maybe seems more like a different character.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

I submitted a four color Omnath for CF on MtgSally, I may as well put it here:

Omnath, Locus of Life GWUR
Legendary Creature - Elemental (Mythic)
Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may have it become a 3/3 Elemental creature with haste that's still a land. If you don't, put two +1/+1 counters on target Elemental you control.
Whenever another Elemental you control dies, you may pay 1. If you do, return it to your hand. If it was a land creature, put it onto the battlefield tapped instead.
3: Exile target land or Elemental you control, then return it to the battlefield under its owner's control.
4/4

And here's an idea for a Black Omnath

Omnath, Locus of Power UBRG
Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, create a 2/2 green Elemental creature token.
Whenever an Elemental you control deals combat damage to a player or planeswalker, draw a card.
2 Sacrifice two Elementals: Choose a creature or land card in your graveyard. If it's a land, put it onto the battlefield tapped. Otherwise, return it to your hand.
4/4

And for a WUBRG:

Omnath, Locus of Zendikar WUBRG
When Omnath, Locus of Zendikar enters the battlefield, for each basic land type, search your library for a land card of that type and reveal them. Put three of them onto the battlefield tapped and the rest into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Whenever another nontoken Elemental enters the battlefield, create a token that's a copy of it.
3, Sacrifice a land: You may put an Elemental card from your hand or graveyard onto the battlefield.
"Ashaya couldn't stop it. Zendikar has a new Worldsoul now."
–Nissa Revane

6/6

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Locus of Creation looks like a lot of fun to play with but also crazy overpowered at that cost given, as mentioned, lands that can tap for mana of any color alone, not to mention other broken interactions.

I like Locus of Destruction but it doesn't feel very blue (yes, I suppose shuffling your graveyard into your library has been a blue as well as green ability).

Locus of Eternity is just neat although I'm not sure it fully feels like an Omnath and maybe seems more like a different character.
I was attempting to justify it being five colored, it is not as easy as it sounds. :laugh: But I do agree that it doesn't feel like an Omnath.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”