Reef Worm + Nim Deathmantle + Ashnod's Altar

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

Trying to figure out the timing if possible.

Reef Worm + Nim Deathmantle + Ashnod's Altar

If I sacrifice the Reef Worm and the Nim Deathmantle trigger goes on the stack, will the 3/3 token go on stack last, so that I can then sacrifice that, then sacrifice the 6/6, and even the 9/9 to get 8 from Ashnod's Altar giving me plenty to spend on the Nim Deathmantle to bring back the Reef Worm?

Accepted Answer

by Kahedron » 4 years ago
Since you control all of the triggers here you can choose the order in which they go on the stack. So if you put the ability from the deathmantle on the stack first you will be get the whale and then be able to sacrifice it to the alter,

This will then net you the Kraken as triggered ability from the whale will fire and go on the stack on top of the ablity from the deathmantle

You will then be able to use the 4 mana gained from sacrificing the worm and the whale to get the worm back and you will end up with a 9/9 Kraken and a reef wurm with a Nim Deathmantle attached.
Go to full post

Kahedron
Non-Euclidean Polyhedron
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Kahedron » 4 years ago

Since you control all of the triggers here you can choose the order in which they go on the stack. So if you put the ability from the deathmantle on the stack first you will be get the whale and then be able to sacrifice it to the alter,

This will then net you the Kraken as triggered ability from the whale will fire and go on the stack on top of the ablity from the deathmantle

You will then be able to use the 4 mana gained from sacrificing the worm and the whale to get the worm back and you will end up with a 9/9 Kraken and a reef wurm with a Nim Deathmantle attached.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and start slitting throats.
- H.L Mencken

I Became insane with long Intervals of horrible Sanity

All Religion, my friend is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination and poetry.
- Edgar Allan Poe

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Hmm.... I am going to have to put this infinite mana/Kraken combo into a commander deck, aren't I?
Spam warning - please do not discuss deckbuilding in Rulings. - v_n
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”