Getting timeouts, reset connections, and 403s on laptop

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 1 year ago

So I'm currently getting a lot of random problems when accessing the forum on my laptop. Mostly it's either a 403 or a timeout, but it only happens on my laptop on this website and nowhere else. What do?

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 1 year ago

The server looks healthy. No stuck processes, usage spikes, etc. Makes me think it's that laptop specifically.

Try clearing the cache on the laptop and restart it. See if that helps. If not, Try running a speed test on it ( https://www.speedtest.net/ ) (or any similar ). See if there's a connection issue. If the laptop shows results much lower than something else on your WiFi, try restarting the wifi, then restart your laptop, and try again? If everything looks fine (good speed, no major lag), let me know.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 1 year ago

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
1 year ago
The server looks healthy. No stuck processes, usage spikes, etc. Makes me think it's that laptop specifically.

Try clearing the cache on the laptop and restart it. See if that helps. If not, Try running a speed test on it ( https://www.speedtest.net/ ) (or any similar ). See if there's a connection issue. If the laptop shows results much lower than something else on your WiFi, try restarting the wifi, then restart your laptop, and try again? If everything looks fine (good speed, no major lag), let me know.
Clearing the cache and restarting seemed to do the trick. That's what I suspected, but I didn't think to restart the computer, because I am a neo-luddite. Thank you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”