New Challenge Every Day - October 1st: Draft matters cards for a non-Conspiracy set

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Today's Challenge: Draft matters cards for a non-Conspiracy set

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
CunningGabe 68 (+3)
netn10 65 (+1)
Ink-Treader 64 (+3)
void_nothing 63 (+1)
Lorn Asbord Schutta 36
OneAndOnly 21
JovialJovian 19
kwanyeegor-ii 14 (+1)
MonoRedMage 11 (+4)
Legend 8 (+1)
dyd 3
Venedrex 1
duducrash 0
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Stickers
OneAndOnly wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: Ink-Treader, MonoRedMage
City-er in a Bottle-er -- 3
Artifact
T, Sacrifice City-er in a Bottle-er: Exile all stickers and cards with stickers on them from the battlefield, hands, graveyards, the aboslutely-removed-from-the-game zone, and each player's collection. Players lose all tickets. Close all Attractions.
"Dude, the joke's really not that funny...."

If I Win i feel better now
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: CunningGabe, Ink-Treader

Sage of the Spiffy W
Creature - Human Hatificer (U)
4W, T: You gain 2 life and get {tix}{tix}.
Stickers you put on creatures you control that have hats cost {tix} less to place.
1/2

IIW: Sheep or Goats
netn10 wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: Legend, void_nothing

Cypork GU
Artifact Creature - Boar (Rare)
T: Put a +1/+1 counter, a flying counter or a trample counter on Cypork.
T: Put a sticker on Cypork with ticket price equal to or less than the number of counters on Cypork.
"The future seems muddy and I love it."
2/2

IIW: Mono white creature with "When ~ enters the battlefield, draw a card.
CunningGabe wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: netn10, MonoRedMage

Twirly-Gig 1UR
Creature - Clown Robot
When Twirly-Gig enters the battlefield, you gain {tix}. You may place a power/toughness sticker on Twirly-Gig.
Whenever you place a power/toughness sticker, you may place it upside-down if the numbers still make sense. (A 0, 1, or 8 stays the same. 6 becomes 9 and vice-versa. 2 becomes 5 and vice-versa.)
2/2

IIW: Clowns
Ink-Treader wrote:
1 year ago
Vote: CunningGabe, MonoRedMage
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
1 year ago
ink-treader monoredmage
JovialJovian wrote:
1 year ago
votes: CunningGabe, kwanyeegor-ii

Goo-Gone 3
Artifact (U)
T: Remove a counter or a sticker from target permanent.

IIW: Pants
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 1 year ago

Votes: OneAndOnly, CunningGabe

Runebond Cog
{Blue} Artifact - Cog (Common)
Part of a Whole (Whenever you draft this card and/or at the start of the game, you may reveal it. If you do, put it in the Machine zone. The machine is treated as a single artifact and on the battlefield.)
Your machine has "1U, Tap two untapped Cogs in this machine: Draw a card".

IIW: New secondary deck (E.G: Contraptions, Attractions)

CunningGabe

Post by CunningGabe » 1 year ago

Votes: void_nothing, netn10

Heroic Figure 5
Artifact Creature - Golem (R)
Draft Heroic Figure face-up.
As you draft a legendary creature card, you may note it. If you do, turn Heroic Figure face-down.
You may have Heroic Figure enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature you noted with cards named Heroic Figure except that it's not legendary, it's an artifact in addition to its other types, and its base power and toughness are 3/3.
3/3

IIW: Instants/Sorceries matter, but not in blue or red
Winner of August '22 DCC and September '22 NCED

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 1 year ago

votes: CunningGabe, OneAndOnly

Hoardscale Hellkite 2RR
Creature - Dragon (M)
Draft Hoardscale Hellkite face-up.
As long as Hoardscale Hellkite is face-up during the draft, you may remove an artifact card from the draft as you draft it.
Flying
Hoardscale Hellkite gets +1/+1 and Ward 1 for each card you own removed with cards named Hoardscale Hellkite.
When Hoardscale Hellkite dies, target opponent puts all artifact cards you own removed with cards named Hoardscale Hellkite onto the battlefield tapped.
4/4

IIW: Conspiracies

kwanyeegor-ii
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 1 year ago

netn10 cunninggabe

Opposition Forcemage 2UU
Creature - Vedalken Wizard (Rare)
Draft Opposition Forcemage face up and draft your next card face up. When you do, if that card is black, red, green, or white, note that Opposition Forcemage is prismtouched.
Flash
Ward 2
When Opposition Forcemage enters the battlefield, counter target spell unless its controller pays 2. If Opposition Forcemage is prismtouched, exile that spell instead.
2/2

iiw mythic auras
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Votes: netn10, CunningGabe

Quiver of Plenty 3GG
Creature - Avatar Archer (U)
Before the game begins, you may reveal Quiver of Plenty from the cards in your draft pool that aren't in your deck. If you do, you begin the game with a tapped Food token on the battlefield.
Reach
2GG: Quiver of Plenty gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
4/3

IIW: A new take on snow
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

Votes: void-nothing, JovialJovian
Artak Battlemaster - 2WR
Creature - Human Barbarian
As you draft Artak Bartlemaster, reveal it face up or transformed. You may only play the side revealed this way.
Artak Battlemaster gets +2/+0 and has ward 4 as long as it's attacking.
2/4
//////////
Artak Bloodseer - W
CreTure - Human Cleric
t: Prevent the next 1 damage that would be dealt to target creature this turn. When it dies this turn, choose one: Draw z card or create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying.
1/1
If I Win: Consolation prizes

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”