Burakos, Hero of the Party

Chromaticus
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Chromaticus » 1 year ago

Watched a gameplay video with Burakos, Party Leader and Folk Hero at the helm, and loved how it played out. 4 treasure is a LOT of additional mana to get for enacting your normal game plan.

There's a sub-theme of venturing here as well, but the main thrust is just continual gas from the combination of draw and extra mana, ultimately creating an overwhelming board state.

Good solid mid-range fun - definitely looking for feedback, especially Party Pals you think you should be in the deck.
Decklist

Commanders 2

Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by Chromaticus 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Chromaticus

Battletide Alchemist is a card I'm considering for my meta - absolutely no combos, all wins are through combat. This negates both chip damage, and if my board is clunky enough, completely protects me.

Coveted Prize is a shoe in that I forgot about. Yes please, I'll pay 1 to search my deck and cheat out a 4 drop.

I noticed that Breena, the Demagogue is a warlock, not a wizard like I misremembered. I've got a Breena, the Demagogue deck already, so she can stay in her lane, and I'll get something else in there.

Chromaticus

Seasoned Dungeoneer is a house. Came down on turn 2 with Sol Ring, and started the initiative rolling. She effectively drew five or six cards between the initiative and the explores. The next turn I followed up with Sarevok's Tome and White Plume Adventurer and the other, non-combat focused decks at the table could not take back the initiative the entire game. Of note, even if they had, the dungeoneer enables easy takesy-backsy.

Burakos, Party Leader himself was a beast as well. Giving him protection from creatures with the dungeoneer meant that he could swing with impunity. The extra treasures meant that I could activate Sarevok's Tome over and over.

The tome plays better than it looks, at least as long as you have the venture support. I cascaded into Stick Together which was devastating, and Squad Commander who was mostly superfluous at that point.

The background did basically nothing this game - cards were flowing in from the undercity and the tome, so I wasn't prioritizing it, but I did note that it was not the 2 mana Phyrexian Arena i was expecting it to be. Especially because I was not looking to overcommit to the board once I already had my full party.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”