4 Color Aragorn, Charming & Uniting

Gorillajay
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Gorillajay » 10 months ago

So since seeing Aragorn, the Uniter, I loved his abilities and thought I would take a crack at another 4 color brew that has historically been unsuccessful for me.

As a result I believe It's the first 4 color brew that I've actually liked after I got done with it. The charms and multicolor synergy lets you play with a lot of cards you don't normally include which I really like. I also get to forgo the usual mono color staples because of the value you get from him and playing more multicolor spells.

My hope is to have the deck be moderately unassuming. Like "oh hey look I made a token" "oh hey look at that it's a 5/5, wack". Rinse, repeat.

I'd like to avoid creating this imminent feeling for opponents like "oh no he's going to pump out tokens and alpha strike me."

Playing so many modal spells and instants actually incentivizes us to play slower and leave mana up and being reactive. This is extremely appealing especially in a meta when you're opponents have seen the deck before. I imagine if I was playing against this deck, and I wanted to make my run and "go for it" all I would be thinking about is "that guy has like 20 charms in their deck all which do like 3 different things each, so there is very good chance that they can interact with what I'm about to do." This creates a lot of puzzles for your opponents to try and solve and play around, hopefully to the point where they just mess up.

Win con: Was trying to avoid the usual token win con of Craterhoof. I expect most of the time it'll be several chip shots over the course of the game that ultimately let me close it out or kill certain players. I think there's a lot of incidental damage this deck can do. Aragorn's red effect, impact tremors/Purphoros, God of the Forge , random chip shots from 5/5's or bigger. A few anthems to pump creatures a little bit or add counters + giving them evasion/trample to get it through. Deck notes:
  • High density of 1 and 2 Mana ramp spells to have a ~60% chance of casting Aragorn on turn 3.
  • Fetches, triomes, and green ramp should help with color fixing.
  • Leaning mainly on the White and Green triggers of his to pump out tokens and them make good attacks with a buffed 5/5 token that I don't care if it dies.
  • Besides his effect I have a lot of token generators and token enhancers.
  • Scry/Burn from Blue/Red spells is just added value most of the time.
  • Draw is a lot of coastal piracy type effects cause tokens.

Aragorn, Charming & Uniting

Commander (1)

Board Wipes (1)

Counterspells (4)

Defense (1)

Recursion (1)

Targeted Removal (5)

Approximate Total Cost:

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Toshi » 10 months ago

Neat list! Especially Combine Chrysalis is a great catch i completely overlooked, when i did brew my budgety all out gold-colored Aragorn, the Uniter list.
Who knows, you might find some inspiration as well? It's right here: https://archidekt.com/decks/4835510/ara ... _colorizer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”