How to word it?

Legend
Aethernaut
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Legend » 1 year ago

CARDNAME (Uncommon)
2W
Sorcery
Put target creature and all Auras attached to it on the bottom of their owner's libraries. Then they each draw a card for each card put on the bottom of their library this way?
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

"Put target creature and each Aura enchanting it on the bottom of its owner's library. The owner of each card that left the battlefield this way draws a card for each card put on the bottom of their library."

Since the creature and the Aura(s) might have different owners. There might be a slight corner-case involving replacement effects (commander-ness putting the card into the command zone; there might be others) but I think this wording even gets that covered.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

You could also use "Each player who had one or more cards put into their library this way draws that many cards."

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 1 year ago

So I'll put them together because like the wording that specifies cards going onto the bottom of the library.

Put target creature and each Aura enchanting it on the bottom of its owner's library. Each player who had one or more cards put into their library this way draws that many cards.

Sounds perfect. Thanks both!
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Card Rulings”