"All Will Be One" *is* the Aftermath

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 1 year ago

ricketyeng asked:

"Today's stream said something about the multiverse changing following the March of the Machines. Will this change be something on a similar scale to the Mending?"

MaRo@blogatog:

"We'll have to wait and see."
Beware! Spoilers for New Phyrexia: All Will be One follow!

My speculation:
Some information that I'm not entirely certain on whether it was leaked or officially made public regarding New Phyrexia
Show
Hide
"Invasion Tree Realmbreaker" (see Discover: New Phyrexia ) will break through the Blind Eternities and create
permanent pathways between planes. This will mean that the creative restriction of only using planeswalkers on multiple planes will be lifted and we'll get to see legendary creatures moving to different planes if it serves the story.

It took me until right now to realize, that this is a nifty interpretation of "All Will Be One": All Planes Will Be One.

Elesh Norn's vision to stitch all creatures together into one being extended to all worlds is actually a clever twist.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 1 year ago

I see.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Basically WotC are using the neo-phyrexian invasion of Dominaria to "fix" what they broke in Time Spiral, allowing non-planeswalkers to move to other worlds without the need of a spark. Allowing nonplaneswalkers to travel with aid like they could prior to the mending, and allowing planeswalkers to bring people along for the ride. You will still need a planeswalker spark to travel unaided however.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

They really want their multiverse crossovers to be easier. Next up fighting game where Garruk can suplex Elesh Norn.

Also hey there Krisnath.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
They really want their multiverse crossovers to be easier. Next up fighting game where Garruk can suplex Elesh Norn.

Also hey there Krisnath.
I always thought the mending making it impossible for nonplaneswalkers to travel the multiverse was a mistake.

One thing that would be a hilarious twist at the end of the Phyrexian Arc, would be if just when all hope seems lost, friggin' Marit Large enters the scene and yeet's Elesh Norn into Dominaria's Sun, thus turning the tide. It'll never happen, of course, but it would be hilarious.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

The N82O Molecule
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The N82O Molecule » 1 year ago

Mowu, Loyal Companion started it all. . .

on a side note the one thing that sort of made Phyrexia cool was that it couldn't go between the blind eternities. yeah the brothers war implied that planar bridges where basically everywhere, and everyone could travel anywhere and then you have the weatherlight. BUT then that's what made mirrodin cool cause it was a place that could manifest it. but now tezzerets armpit planar portal we back to square one

is power creep circular? lol

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

The N82O Molecule wrote:
1 year ago
Mowu, Loyal Companion started it all. . .

on a side note the one thing that sort of made Phyrexia cool was that it couldn't go between the blind eternities. yeah the brothers war implied that planar bridges where basically everywhere, and everyone could travel anywhere and then you have the weatherlight. BUT then that's what made mirrodin cool cause it was a place that could manifest it. but now tezzerets armpit planar portal we back to square one

is power creep circular? lol
I wouldn't call it power creep. Power creep is when the power of cards get more and more powerful for lower and lower cost over time. Nah, this is more that WotC realized how bad the change they made to planar travel in Time Spiral block was, and have decided to correct their mistake. Down powering the planeswalkers was fine, imho, because it made the characters more relatable compared to nigh omnipotent gods, but preventing nonplaneswalkers from traveling the planes was an unnecessary nerf to the story.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

I'd like this with qualifications. As much as I want to see stories where Ziatora interacts with Kolaghan or Sigarda battles Rakdos, it's important imo to not dilute that sort of thing. Maybe if the rules of planeswalking in general were changed to "planeswalkers can take along one individual whom they're touching"? I certainly wouldn't want a situation where every plane somehow had a stable portal to every other plane.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

The N82O Molecule

I suppose it would be cool to take a friend sometimes.

but now I feel bad for Wrenn, you get used to having a new tree every plane. maybe you already left that one tree that you thought was home. but if this is true Wrenn will planes walk away and the tree is going to stay with it. no tree it'll say, you stay, and the tree will be like, I don't want to stay or have to anymore. so those of you hoping for wrenn and ten its over.

additionally and this may be a hot take but now I think niv mizzet is a sleeper agent.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

The N82O Molecule wrote:
1 year ago
I suppose it would be cool to take a friend sometimes.

but now I feel bad for Wrenn, you get used to having a new tree every plane. maybe you already left that one tree that you thought was home. but if this is true Wrenn will planes walk away and the tree is going to stay with it. no tree it'll say, you stay, and the tree will be like, I don't want to stay or have to anymore. so those of you hoping for wrenn and ten its over.

additionally and this may be a hot take but now I think niv mizzet is a sleeper agent.
I don't actually think Niv Mizzet is a sleeper agent. He was killed and got resurrected as an avatar of the guild pact, taking over as the living guildpact.

If you want a Ravnican candidate for a sleeper agent among the guild leaders, my bet is on Rakdos or Maat'Selesnya. But it's probably the leader of the Dimir.

The N82O Molecule

the resurrection maybe cleansed him of the infection. but he did really think there was more "out there" and he really wanted to get there. . .and that sounds very sleeper agent. lol

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

The N82O Molecule wrote:
1 year ago
the resurrection maybe cleansed him of the infection. but he did really think there was more "out there" and he really wanted to get there. . .and that sounds very sleeper agent. lol
He was "friends" with a literal oldwalker in the form of the Azorius Parun, the sphinx Azor. He was well aware of the planes and planeswalkers even though he himself lacked the ability to travel them. He is also an extremely powerful telepath that knew that both Jace and Ral were planeswalkers. He is also personally acquainted with Maat'Selesnya, the literal worldsoul of the plane of Ravnica. This can not be stressed enough, when the guildpact was enacted he was well aware of what both planes and planeswalkers were.

While it is extremely likely that the Orzhov has had contact with the old Phyrexians, and that the old Phyrexians have visited Ravnica (see my theory on the origins on Thrulls in Ravnica), it was never a serious target for Yawgmoth until after Phyrexia had conquered Dominaria. Due to the nature of the guilds, Dimir and Izzet in particular, it would have taken a serious amount of resources for Yawgmoth to successfully take the plane, when said resources were needed to eventually invade Dominaria. This is the same reason the Phyrexians haven't overrun Capenna, and even had only a minor presence on Mercadia and had most of their machinations done by manipulation of a few locals (In Mercadia's case, the Kyren goblins).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Speculation”