My display case

RabidVacin
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RabidVacin » 1 year ago

For 25 years or so, my 64 casual decks were stored in two shoe boxes, separated with post-it notes. Then a year or so ago, I decided my decks deserved better and I came up with an idea. I had just purchased a house. It was an estate sale. The previous owner passed away. To get an advantage against other prospective home buyers, I agreed to remove the existing furniture myself. There were a couple shelving units that were too large to haul away. So I demo'd the shelving units and removed the individual boards.

After living in the house for a few months, I had pretty bad insomnia. I came up with an idea that might appease the ghost of the previous owner. I decided to make a display case out of the boards from the shelving units. And this is what you see in the picture. My casual decks take up the bottom half of the case and my EDH decks take up the top half.

It was hard work but I'm glad it's done. If I get motivated enough, I might go back and stick a board in the empty spot on the bottom right.
display case.jpg
That card is bad and you should feel bad for playing it.

Diz
Griever
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Diz » 1 year ago

I think I said so when you posted it on Discord, but I love this and think it's awesome.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 1 year ago

this is so well organized. Worth the effort to make it.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Legend
Aethernaut
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Legend » 1 year ago

Very cool! GR@TZ on the house, too. What do you mean by "casual decks"? Are they not Commander decks?
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

RabidVacin

Post by RabidVacin » 1 year ago

The casual decks are 60 card. All of them are Legacy or Vintage legal but most aren't super competitive.
That card is bad and you should feel bad for playing it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Casual”