Scryfall help

Ertai Planeswalker
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ertai Planeswalker » 1 year ago

I'm using scryfall to research cards for a deck with Durnan of the Yawning Portal as the commander. Therefore I want to do scryfall searches on green and/or blue creatures with mana costs that contain 2 or 3 generic mana. But I don't know how and i can't find it in the scryfall help or using google. Does anyone here know how to do this?

Treamayne
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Treamayne » 1 year ago

Ertai Planeswalker wrote:
1 year ago
I'm using scryfall to research cards for a deck with Durnan of the Yawning Portal as the commander. Therefore I want to do scryfall searches on green and/or blue creatures with mana costs that contain 2 or 3 generic mana. But I don't know how and i can't find it in the scryfall help or using google. Does anyone here know how to do this?
Did you use the Advanced Search? It seems you would have to do more than one search since they don't seem to have a way to search for partial mana costs, so it would be like:

Creature, Exactly Green, {2}{G}
Creature, Exactly Green, {3}{G}
Creature, Exactly Blue, {2}{U}
Creature, Exactly Green, {3}{U}
Creature, Exactly Blue Green, {2}{G}{U}
etc.

If you don't use "exactly" on the color, you get a ton of colorless results (for example: Creature, Including Blue Green, {3}) and the "mana cost" finder has no option of "includes" instead of exact - so you'll have to search each permutation of the mana cost - or just use Gatherer or MTGO which are both much easier for this.
V/R

Treamayne

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 1 year ago

mana:{2} id:gu t:creature

Ertai Planeswalker
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ertai Planeswalker » 1 year ago

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic