Introducing the CCC Mailbag - Edition #1!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

What's on your mind, MTGN CCC community?

I'm seeking your custom card creation-related questions, comments, and random thoughts to respond to in an upcoming article for the site's main page. Feel free to reply to this thread or PM me (as a reply to the first post of this thread or with the subject line "CCC Mailbag") - select messages will get responded to publicly in the article. Note that I'll include usernames.

Looking forward to kicking off an irregular series of insightful mailbag articles with you all!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Diz
Griever
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Diz » 2 years ago

Would you ever play or build a custom card cube? What would you recommend, balance-wise, archetype-wise, and so forth? How strictly should the color pie be adhered to for such a set?

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

What are some common design practices or guidelines that you either disagree with or would change given the chance?

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

What's your philosophy on green flyers?
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

What's your take on the custom card competitions and games we're running? Are there any gaps you'd dare us to fill?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

This edition of the Mailbag will stay open until May 25th - after that, stay tuned to see your inquiries responded to in an article on the front page of the site!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Has anyone yet created a card more perfect than Charging Badger?

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

How closely should custom card design adhere to WOTC design philosophy?
MEG

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 2 years ago

This is cool.

The Nexus Card Creator is my favorite. But will the art window in it be updated with tools that enable the adjustment of images such as positioning, zooming, cropping, and the like? Also, will retro frames be added to the menu?
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Venedrex » 2 years ago

What is your personal favorite card and/or mechanic you have ever designed?
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

And the mailbag is shutting for now! Thanks so much everyone for these great responses. And remember to be on the lookout for the article!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Article will be published very soon!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Enjoy! I want to extend my thanks again to @Iso, @Pygyzy. @Sporegorger_Dragon. @spacemonaut, @Megiddo, @Legend, and @Venedrex.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”