Oh My! Mazzy I have been waiting for you!

Gamazson
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Gamazson » 2 years ago

I am probably the only person who is going to get excited by this commander.

Over the past year I have been home brewing aggro deck based around Aura's. First I built Anax and Cymede. Then I switched the deck to Wyleth, Soul of Steel when he came out. Later I built Siona, Captain of the Pyleas using the mostly the same white cards to see if she played any better, but I found her to draw more hate from other players. Downside of a well known infinite combo.

I was about to try out [user]TheAmericanSpirit[/user]'s take on Sythis, Harvest's Hand when I saw Mazzy, Truesword Paladin among the spoilers. I am excited. I have been looking for a viable Naya enchantress commander for a while. I never wanted to build Uril, the Miststalker because he was too much like my other commanders. I have a couple of 5 cmc voltron commanders already. I wanted naya, but not that.

At first glance I thought Mazzy was perfect for the aura / aggro idea had been toying with. Put my favorite cards together from Wyleth & Siona together and away I go. Then I read Mazzy's first line of text closer:

"Whenever an enchanted creature attacks one of your opponents, it gets +2/+0 and gains trample until end of turn."

Wait a minute. I don't have to control the creature!? OH MY! I can goad things and they get the buff. Does this mean I can build a control aggro control deck with auras!?

Yeah I am stoked. I tried something like this before in with Xantcha, Sleeper Agent and that was a lot of fun. I am eager to give it another shot. It isn't a new idea. Kaima, the Fractured Calm only just came out, but I think adding white makes all the difference.

Here is my very early, sleep deprived, first build:

Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

kraus911

Post by kraus911 » 2 years ago

I built a Kaima deck that was fun enough but not very strong and you're right, this is just the thing. Sevinne's Reclamation and/or Sun Titan hits most of your pieces.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

This is a dope first draft, I dig the aggression! One thing I suggest in upping your enchantress count and lowering the cost reducer count. In my experience, one cost reducer is enough to spew value, whereas you can never have too many enchantresses on board.

I also recommend Predatory Impetus. It looks really %$#%, I know, but it turns an opponent's big creature into a removal machine and that can be a lotta value, especially in a build this aggressive.

EDIT: Kaima, the Fractured Calm seems idiosyncratically good here too

EDIT part duex: I see now you already have Kaima!
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”