Master of Cruelties and Kaalia otV

kwanyeegor-ii
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 2 years ago

Does Master of Cruelties trigger if it's put onto the battlefield with Kaalia of the Vast and the opponent does not block it? I know attack triggers do not work for creatures that etb attacking, but what about this one, since it's not the exact kind of trigger ability

Accepted Answer

by user_938036 » 2 years ago
Yes, it will work. This is because it's looking for the action of being blocked. Not being declared as an attacker isn't a big deal to it.

While far from the best resource, the gatherer page often includes rulings for cards and is a good place to check for a quick answer. The first one on the list for this one is.

An ability that triggers when something "attacks and isn't blocked" triggers in the declare blockers step after blockers are declared if (1) that creature is attacking and (2) no creatures are declared to block it. It will trigger even if that creature was put onto the battlefield attacking rather than having been declared as an attacker in the declare attackers step.
Go to full post
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

user_938036
Answers: 21
Pronoun: he / him

Post by user_938036 » 2 years ago

Yes, it will work. This is because it's looking for the action of being blocked. Not being declared as an attacker isn't a big deal to it.

While far from the best resource, the gatherer page often includes rulings for cards and is a good place to check for a quick answer. The first one on the list for this one is.

An ability that triggers when something "attacks and isn't blocked" triggers in the declare blockers step after blockers are declared if (1) that creature is attacking and (2) no creatures are declared to block it. It will trigger even if that creature was put onto the battlefield attacking rather than having been declared as an attacker in the declare attackers step.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”