Myojin and Life's web

Gashnaw
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Gashnaw » 2 years ago

The Myojins have the oracle text "Cast from hand" So my assumption is that Myojin of Life's Web ability would not work with them since it is not a cast. I just want a confirmation I am correct or better yet, telling me I am wrong.

Accepted Answer

by WizardMN » 2 years ago
You are correct. "Cast from hand" means it needs to be cast. Putting a creature onto the field is not casting it in the same way putting a land onto the field is not playing it (thus not using your land drop for turn). Worth noting is that this is not a functional change with regards to the Oracle text. "Play from hand" meant you needed to cast it as well which meant it was different than "put into play" even when the card was printed.
Go to full post

WizardMN
Answers: 128
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 2 years ago

You are correct. "Cast from hand" means it needs to be cast. Putting a creature onto the field is not casting it in the same way putting a land onto the field is not playing it (thus not using your land drop for turn). Worth noting is that this is not a functional change with regards to the Oracle text. "Play from hand" meant you needed to cast it as well which meant it was different than "put into play" even when the card was printed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”