Jeskai or Esper for vehicle?

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 2 years ago

Neon Dynasty gives new rise to vehicle interests. What do people think?

My pick would likely be either Kykar, Wind's Fury/Sydri, Galvanic Genius, but perhaps there are more choices.

Ertai Planeswalker
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ertai Planeswalker » 2 years ago

I think Sydri is the better one, simply because all her abilities are relevant for the deck.

Treamayne

Post by Treamayne » 2 years ago

Cyberium wrote:
2 years ago
Neon Dynasty gives new rise to vehicle interests. What do people think?

My pick would likely be either Kykar, Wind's Fury/Sydri, Galvanic Genius, but perhaps there are more choices.
I've had a Sydri vehicle deck on MODO for a number of years now. I's a bit Janky, but I enjoy it.

Here's the current version if it can give you some ideas:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Sydri Vehicles

Planeswalkers (1)

Instants (2)

Approximate Total Cost:

*Note: Nobody expects Cipher on a vehicle the first time you do it. . .
V/R

Treamayne

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 2 years ago

Wouldn't Archelos, Lagoon Mystic be the best commander for vehicles? I've been looking to brew it for a while, but keep getting distracted by life things.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 5/26/24 (Modern Horizons III)

Cyberium

RxPhantom wrote:
2 years ago
Wouldn't Archelos, Lagoon Mystic be the best commander for vehicles? I've been looking to brew it for a while, but keep getting distracted by life things.
Given the surprisingly many black/green vehicle cards in the set, he's certainly more viable than ever now.

RowanKeltizar
Firemind

Post by RowanKeltizar » 2 years ago

Breya, Etherium Shaper seems decent. Get access to most of the vehicles and vehicle support.
WRBKaalia, Zenith Seeker - Certified Air Raid Material
WBElenda, the Dusk Rose - Drain and Gain
WRAurelia, the Warleader - Tokens/Equipment
URNiv-Mizzet, Parun - Controlled Burn primer
BRGHenzie, "Toolbox" Torre - Creature Feature
BRGSoul of Windgrace - Lands Matter
RGWGishath, Sun's Avatar - I'M YOUR DADDY
GWUBAtraxa, Praetors' Voice - Artifact Stax Beatdown
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat
WU Shorikai, Genesis Engine

illakunsaa

Post by illakunsaa » 2 years ago

Ive been ru.ning sydri since kaladesh mainly because winter orb synergy but I saw a cedh game that had tymna+something that had bunch of hatebears so Ive shifted to play more bears.

https://deckstats.net/decks/88154/800033-sydri-car-stax

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 2 years ago

I had a vehicle subtheme in my Tymna the Weaver and Ludevic's Test Subject // Ludevic's Abomination 4c affinity deck and they were always amazing. Tymna is such a great crewer.

I am also pretty inclined toward Kykar, Wind's Fury though, those spirits are great crew things - you basically get free drivers for every car.

Tough call :)

Cyberium

With the new mechs, especially the ginormous Shorikai, Genesis Engine, Sydri's ankmation suddenly seems rather appealing. More do than before, that is.

Treamayne

Post by Treamayne » 2 years ago

Cyberium wrote:
2 years ago
With the new mechs, especially the ginormous Shorikai, Genesis Engine, Sydri's ankmation suddenly seems rather appealing. More do than before, that is.
The great/janky thing is, not only can you just animate the vehicle directly (especially when MV > P/T) but you can animate other random artifacts, then use them to Crew (e.g. in my list, I'll sometimes animate Book of Rass to crew something like Consulate Dreadnought).
V/R

Treamayne

Cyberium

Treamayne wrote:
2 years ago
The great/janky thing is, not only can you just animate the vehicle directly (especially when MV > P/T) but you can animate other random artifacts, then use them to Crew (e.g. in my list, I'll sometimes animate Book of Rass to crew something like Consulate Dreadnought).
And Shorikai/Tameshi, Reality Architect both adds some reanimation option accompanying Sydri's black identity.

Sinis

Post by Sinis » 2 years ago

I want to say Jeskai so you can use a crewed Cultivator's Caravan to cast spells and then untap it with Jeskai Ascendancy. Bonus points if you make copies of it with Echo Storm or Mechanized Production.

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 2 years ago

Why not flat out azorious?

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 2 years ago

More than colors, I think it more depends on what type of vehicle deck you want to run. And one of the nice thing about vehicle decks is that there are a ton of unique options.

EDHREC has a pretty nice list of all of the vehicle commanders: https://edhrec.com/themes/vehicles

A few of the more unique ones not already mentioned are:

Cyberium

duducrash wrote:
2 years ago
Why not flat out azorious?
Shorikai, Genesis Engine certainly has potential, and less restricted than Kotori, Pilot Prodigy when it comes to versatility (like creating then saccing pilots to Skullclamp). I thought about using three colors because vehicle is currently still rather limited in play style so another color would add variety into game plays, which is also why Archelos, Lagoon Mystic is a consideration as well.

Currently, it seems that Jeskai vehicle will be better at generating mana, while Esper being better at crewing and cheating vehicles in. Kykar's spirits is a resource AND a wincon on their own, though Sydri's synergy with artifacts is higher (Liquimetal Coating, Caltrops, etc).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”