Praetors

The N82O Molecule
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The N82O Molecule » 2 years ago

additional info per the story is that non tezzeret things going through the portal is not easy. this implies that when Jin went back (spoiler) home he was probably damaged.

also it looks like they can indeed be picked up and dropped off as needed. and ol Elesh is in direct control of new Phyrexia. I think that's boring, I've never been a fan of Elesh. Bone is weak sauce to darksteel. that's real Mirrodin action right there. good ol darksteel.

soon we could be learning the cryptonite for phyrexians. apparently Angels have something to do with it and if this gets me a Serra reference im in.

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 2 years ago

The N82O Molecule wrote:
2 years ago
additional info per the story is that non tezzeret things going through the portal is not easy. this implies that when Jin went back (spoiler) home he was probably damaged.

also it looks like they can indeed be picked up and dropped off as needed. and ol Elesh is in direct control of new Phyrexia. I think that's boring, I've never been a fan of Elesh. Bone is weak sauce to darksteel. that's real Mirrodin action right there. good ol darksteel.

soon we could be learning the cryptonite for phyrexians. apparently Angels have something to do with it and if this gets me a Serra reference im in.
So far both elsepth and Urabrask are catching on that Halo is their cryptonite (thus why he wants to experiment with it.)

So he can use it to defeat elesh norn/jin-gitaxias/sheoldred and other thanes/Vorinclex, so not only he gets the deed to his realm back he gets the father of machines part

By the way it's not just the halo is why he here. he's also trying to find yawgmoths surviving phyrexians on the plane to study them as well (most likely to get advantage that none of the other 4 praetors/factions have)

The N82O Molecule

skrrrrrrrt

@CommanderMaster999 where did you find that he was also after yawgmoths phyrexians? was that in the story too? oh man if I missed it. well if that is the case then it means there is only one lineage of Phyrexian?

anyway anyone getting a serum Serum Visions vibe from this halo? unfortunately I don't remember that there was any issue with serum getting in the way of the invasion. anyone care to establish where or how the halo comes from the angels? right off the top. . .hair? hehe

ok I don't have the right art for serum visions and the flavor text implies I need to read the lore a little better. . .whelp

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 2 years ago

The N82O Molecule wrote:
2 years ago
skrrrrrrrt

@CommanderMaster999 where did you find that he was also after yawgmoths phyrexians? was that in the story too? oh man if I missed it. well if that is the case then it means there is only one lineage of Phyrexian?

anyway anyone getting a serum Serum Visions vibe from this halo? unfortunately I don't remember that there was any issue with serum getting in the way of the invasion. anyone care to establish where or how the halo comes from the angels? right off the top. . .hair? hehe

ok I don't have the right art for serum visions and the flavor text implies I need to read the lore a little better. . .whelp

31:50 they mention Urabrask theorizing the healing is taking longer due to halo

32:04 reveal that it yawgmoth era phyrexians on this plane and not new phyrexia ones

33:10 that there's still pockets of phyrexians out there

34:11 reveal that The old phyrexians on the plane is why Urabrask came here to study them

hyalopterouslemur
Pronoun: he / him

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 2 years ago

5colorsrainbow wrote:
2 years ago
duducrash wrote:
2 years ago
Didnt Elesh Norn kill Sheoldred? Did I get this wrong?
Elspeth had gotten word that Elseth had taken over Sheoldreds and Urabrasks domains but even said that she wasn't fully sure if that info was accurate. Nothing about Elseth Norn killing the other two thats more fan thought.

With Tamiyo now completed I do think we will also likely we could see completed walkers showing up instead of the praetors, thought I do think we will see 2/3 of the remaining praetors off plane before we get the 5th on a New Phyrexia set* proper.

*I have the theory we gonna have the "war of the spark" like set (or two) that will be Phyrexia invading a bunch of planes so we might get the 5th praetor there.
I think Urabrask was mentioned for something. God, it's been so long...I can't help but think there was a scene of Urabrask being paraded around, defeated, à la Crovax executing Volrath? God, that was so long ago, Elspeth has literally died and escaped Tartarus since then.

All we can be sure of is, Elesh Norn is the big bad. (And let's be honest, when the tagline was "All will be one.", we knew it would be white on top.)
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 2 years ago

Update from the latest lore;
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2022-03-30
"Elesh Norn has dominated all of New Phyrexia. Jin-Gitaxias, Vorinclex, and many of the Black Thanes have pledged themselves and their spheres to her grand vision. But I serve no one, and those I lead wish to be left alone. We do not share Norn's vision." Urabrask's claws raked softly against the stony ground in a movement that Vivien assumed was frustration. "Norn wants the Multiverse to be one singularity, for all life to be Phyrexian, and all Phyrexians to be under Norn. We do not consider that progress. I will not give her the Quiet Furnace."
hyalopterouslemur wrote:
2 years ago
5colorsrainbow wrote:
2 years ago
duducrash wrote:
2 years ago
Didnt Elesh Norn kill Sheoldred? Did I get this wrong?
Elspeth had gotten word that Elseth had taken over Sheoldreds and Urabrasks domains but even said that she wasn't fully sure if that info was accurate. Nothing about Elseth Norn killing the other two thats more fan thought.

With Tamiyo now completed I do think we will also likely we could see completed walkers showing up instead of the praetors, thought I do think we will see 2/3 of the remaining praetors off plane before we get the 5th on a New Phyrexia set* proper.

*I have the theory we gonna have the "war of the spark" like set (or two) that will be Phyrexia invading a bunch of planes so we might get the 5th praetor there.
I think Urabrask was mentioned for something. God, it's been so long...I can't help but think there was a scene of Urabrask being paraded around, defeated, à la Crovax executing Volrath? God, that was so long ago, Elspeth has literally died and escaped Tartarus since then.
Nope, literally nothing like that what so ever. In fact Urasbrask has never shown in the lore outside of the planeswalker guide until New Capenna.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

The N82O Molecule

thanks @CommanderMaster999 I come here to be corrected or "straightened-out"

this is cool news. it tells us that there are indeed still "old" phyrexians. maybe Urabrask will meet his great uncle or have some sort of reunion. im thinking something like when the autobots were reintroduced to the Dinobots.

this also is sort of a bummer cause im not getting the impression that we are exploring anything of than Capenna the city. has it been expressed the name of this plane in general or is it named like Ravnica?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Speculation”