keep the streak alive

wizyard
Pronoun: they / them

Post by wizyard » 2 years ago

Runner's Rush R
Sorcery (C)
Target creature gains haste until end of turn.
Streak (Exile this spell as it resolves. When one or more creatures you control deal combat damage to a player this turn, return this card from exile to its owner's hand.)

Thumping 1R
Sorcery (C)
Target creature you control gets +2/+1 and gains trample until end of turn.
Streak

Turn Sides 1RR
Sorcery (U)
Gain control of target creature until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn.
Streak

Rolling Rage 3RR
Sorcery (R)
Untap all creatures that attacked this turn. After this main phase, there is an additional combat phase followed by an additional main phase.
Streak

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

I think this is a pretty cool kind of buyback dynamic.

I'd watch for the likelihood that Turn Sides removes a defender and thus makes Streak closer to guaranteed, so I'd probably cost that 2RR.

Do you want Streak to come with "Put it into its owner's graveyard at end of turn" so they can still possibly use the spell again on later turns if they fail the streak? (Maybe that's too permissive.)

wizyard
Pronoun: they / them

Post by wizyard » 2 years ago

i thought about that, but mainly omited the option for being unnecessarily wordy

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

I do like this. It's a lot of recursion, granted, but you have to work for it.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”