World Walking

Legend
Aethernaut
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Legend » 2 years ago

Would this work as intended, that is, like landwalk only for world permanents instead of for lands?

Worldwalk (This creature can't be blocked as long as defending player controls a World.)

If it does work, would the reminder text need "permanent" after "World"?
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

WizardMN
Answers: 128
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 2 years ago

Here is the current rule:

702.14a. Landwalk is a generic term that appears within an object's rules text as "[type]walk," where [type] is usually a subtype, but can be the card type land, any land type, any supertype, or any combination thereof.

While it is only expecting this to care about lands, it does allow [type] to be any Supertype (and World is a Supertype) so by the current rule "Worldwalk" works just fine. A later rule is more clear on it really just caring about lands so, most likely, the rule would be updated to simply genericize the ability further but I don't see anything exceptionally wrong with the wording as is.

As for the reminder text: you can make that whatever you want. Reminder Text isn't rules text but even your reminder text already implies "permanent" so I wouldn't worry about changing it from a rules perspective.

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 2 years ago

Supertypes aren't capitalized, so your reminder text implies that you introduce a new subtype called World.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Card Rulings”