Forced Migration

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 2 years ago

Forced Migration
1WW
Sorcery

Choose one:
* Each player who has the highest number of cards in hand discards a card. Each other player draws a card.
* Each player who controls the highest number of lands sacrifices a land. Each other player searches their library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped.

Entwine 1W

----------

Another take on White's Balance effect. Significantly more expensive, but player gets to choose where to tackle and can help allies.

EDIT 1: Name changed, but keep the theme alive.
EDIT 2: Effect changed to discard/sacrifice one card.
Last edited by Cyberium 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Nice flexibility and in a Commander release it's more justifiable color pie wise, although the discard in particular feels like at least a bend.

That name is... distasteful though. Oblique references to national tragedies are okay in my book but I'd cringe at a Magic card named directly after a historical atrocity.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago

That name is... distasteful though. Oblique references to national tragedies are okay in my book but I'd cringe at a Magic card named directly after a historical atrocity.
Gonna echo this, although distasteful is a enormous understatement. The Trail of Tears was genocide via death march, and should be treated as such. You wouldn't print a card called Holocaust or Kristallnacht, and by the same token, you really can't keep the name as-is without trivializing the loss of life. I suggest you change it immediately.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 2 years ago

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
2 years ago
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago

Gonna echo this, although distasteful is a enormous understatement. The Trail of Tears was genocide via death march, and should be treated as such. You wouldn't print a card called Holocaust or Kristallnacht, and by the same token, you really can't keep the name as-is without trivializing the loss of life. I suggest you change it immediately.
I understand why people find it uncomfortable, but please know that I didn't name the card as a jest. As an immigrant I take any racial/cultural persecution very seriously, and often time find these historic tragedies under-discussed by the general public, even during events like BLM. I confess I might've named it thus because I want to throw a reminder at people, on what the politicians continuously neglect. Perhaps this isn't the best place to do so.

I will rename the card.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”