edit button location

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 2 years ago

Would just like to say, it's a convenience that the edit button is located at the top, instead of the bottom of the post.

I maintain the Azorius Titan primer here and in Mtgsalvation. It's so much easier to edit the large first post here, because don't have to scroll down to press the edit button.

good work Feyd. :grin:

just to show..

here's my primer at Salvation. Because the edit is located at the bottom at the post, I'd have to scroll down a lot when doing a primer update.

https://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the ... ia-control

here at Nexus, the edit is at the top. No need to scroll down.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=192
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

WizardMN
Answers: 132
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 2 years ago

On the other hand, I know sometimes I will go through longer posts and it becomes an inconvenience to have to scroll up to edit (or quote) posts. I do agree that in most cases it is more convenient to be at the top but sometimes it would be nice to be able to have the buttons at the bottom too. I think the two button sections end up looking superfluous, especially on shorter posts, so putting them on top is certainly the best of the two locations.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 2 years ago

my thread is dead here in nexus, but on Salvation.. there are 3 or 4 people still actively posting and playing the deck. When Starstorm or Gerant post an fnm report there... I link their post to the Tournament Reports section of the primer. It become a tiresome chore when I have to scroll down a lot when editing the primer at salvation. When making normal posts, top or bottom location of edit button does not matter, because it is easily accesible when the post is small. But when you own a primer with a big first post, you have to scroll down a bit to reach the edit. :o

_____

well, and I maintain an identical thread here.. so that if someday, the people who stay at my thread in salvation decide to come here. They will find a place to go to right away. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”