Odric, Blood-Cursed

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 2 years ago

Odric, Blood-Cursed

Yes, he's kinda awful, but I want to explore ways to use him regardless, because I like Odric as a character.

Thus far, the few thoughts I have are:

1) Blink. This is obvious since Odric only generates blood upon arrival.

2) Equipment. Providing creatures with keywords so we're not required to fill our deck with keyword critters. Fortunately, W/R have no lack of equipment friendly creatures. Creatures like Stoneforge Mystic goes well with blinking too.

3) Artifact synergy such as Ghirapur Aether Grid and Goblin Welder.

4) Madness and GY, though W/R are weaker on this department. Alhammarret's Archive can technically let you replace that discard with two draws.

Serenade
UnderKing
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Serenade » 2 years ago

Discard matters? Helps since you have the blood tokens.
Astral Slide? Plays with discard and that blink.
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 2 years ago

In my hunt:

- Rograkh, Son of Rohgahh and Aerial Responder are the only creatures with CMC <6 that have 3+ keywords. Rograkh is tutorable with Recruiter of the Guard and Ranger of Eos but that feels pretty niche.

- Bronze Guardian, Darksteel Juggernaut, Akiri, Line-Slinger, and Hellkite Igniter all have 1+ keyword for Odric AND care about having a ton of blood tokens around. Storm-Kiln Artist and Shambling Suit also care about having a pile of Blood tokens around but contribute no abilities to Odric.

- Blinkmoth Urn, All That Glitters, Nettlecyst, Karn, Scion of Urza, Digsite Engineer, and Inspiring Statuary represent some additional pay-offs for having a pile of blood tokens on the table. Welding Sparks, Feedback Bolt, and War Report are less-good payoffs, but if you have a sufficiently large pool of blood (perhaps you've been sacing a few bloods to Krark-Clan Ironworks to fuel Eldrazi Displacer?) could be worth a look anyhow.

- Speaking of Good ol' KCI, saccing those blood tokens is also an option. KCI is the best card for the job, but you could get grindy incremental value off of Goblin Welder, or go BIG with Arcbound Ravager, Extruder, and Atog.

- Final mention - I don't have time to math it out, but it seems like if you wanted to go deep on the nonsense Grinding Station and Warp World could be somethin'.

Sinis

Post by Sinis » 2 years ago

I think I would probably go with an artifact-y direction, but it's hard to imagine this being better than Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith plus a partner of your choice. Hawk beat me to a bunch of suggestions, but, here's what I would use:

With enough keywords, Quicksmith Genius could present a big dig. Which you can follow up with digging via Blood tokens.

Krark-Clan Ironworks and Blinkmoth Urn.

Indomitable Creativity

Goblin Welder and Goblin Engineer shenanigans

Clock of Omens could present something exciting with a high yield mana rock or some other tap artifact (or, liquimetal torque could make something else an artifact which can then be manipulated).

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 2 years ago

We solved it.

Courtesy r/BadMtgCombos
Steel Sabotage'ng Orbs of Mellowness since 2011.

I collect Kaalia of the Vast normal-size cards. Do you have any extra taking up space in your binder? Help me grow my collection! :)

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 2 years ago

Economy is, as always, built upon the sweat and blood (tokens) of laborers. :D

New cards from precon would turn blood into equipments: Arterial Alchemy. They left all the fun blood usage in a side product. >_<

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”