Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Water

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
Lorn Asbord Schutta 43 (+2)
void_nothing 36 (+2)
dyd 29 (+2)
netn10 30 (+2)
bravelion83 25 (+2)
Apellosine 11
JovialJovian 4
Pygyzy 2
Venedrex 2
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Creature without generic mana in the cost
dyd wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: netn10, bravelion83

Ainok Restwarden (g/w)b
Creature - Hound Shaman
Vigilance, menace
Cards in graveyards lose all abilities.
2/1

IIW: Cowards can't
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: dyd, void_nothing

Infinite Wurm gggggggggg
Creature - Wurm (Mythic)
Indestructible
Legends says it is time manifested, made by a forgotten time-god in order to amuse themselves.
∞/∞

IIW: Hybrid card with learn.
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: Lorn Asbord Schutta, void_nothing

Woodland Druid GGG
Creature — Elf Druid (U)
When Woodland Druid enters the battlefield, search your library for a land card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle. That land enters the battlefield tapped unless it's a basic Forest card.
2/3

IIW: earth
Lorn Asbord Schutta wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: netn10; bravelion83

Bizzare Feline
Creature - Cat Eldrazi (U)
Whenever you cast a spell, you may return Bizzare Feline from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Emrakul influence gave a peculiar state of maybe-existence to some cats.
0/0

IIW: off-color flashback cost
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: dyd, Lorn Asbord Schutta

Avenged Guide RR
Creature - Goblin Scout (R)
Menace
Avenged Guide attacks each combat if able.
When Avenged Guide dies, create a 2/2 white Knight creature token with first strike and add R. Until end of turn, you don't lose this mana as steps and phases end.
2/2

IIW: Cardinal directions
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 2 years ago

Votes: void_nothing, bravelion83

Yanling's Aqua Mirage uuu
Instant
Cast this spell only during the declare blockers step.
For each creature attacking you or a planeswalker you control, create a 1/1 blue Elemental Jellyfish creature token with flying that's blocking that creature.

IIW: assonant creature type pair (e.g. Bird Bard, Lizard Wizard, Shapeshifter Spellshaper, ...)

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: dyd, Lorn Asbord Schutta

Flow Like Water U
Enchantment (Common)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has prowess and it can't be blocked.
2U: Untap enchanted creature.

IIW: 5 Color Vehicle

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: void_nothing, Lorn Asbord Schutta

Raft Rower 2U
Creature — Human Artificer (U)
2, Sacrifice an Island: Raft Rower can't be blocked this turn.
To get around the enemy infantry on the ground, nothing better than building a raft and rowing down the river.
2/2

IIW: constellation
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on May 2nd 2024, including Jun 2024 in advance)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 2 years ago

Votes: dyd; bravelion83

Rush of Currents
Instant (U)
Until your next turn, Islands you control gain ": Tap target artifact or creature." and ", : Return target tapped artifact or creature to its owner's hand."
First you try to swim. Then you just hope to float.

IIW: trample with 0 power

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, Lorn Asbord Schutta

Washed Back W
Sorcery (C)
Put target tapped nonblue creature on top of its owner's library.
Many ancient myths depict water as the first tool of divine vengeance.

IIW: Common Avatars
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”