Innistrad: Crimson Vow speculation

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

So the second set in the upcoming Innistrad "block" is Crimson Vow, which is supposed to be Vampire themed. We actually know a bit more about it than we do Midnight Hunt just because we got a story blurb saying we'd see an important wedding, and there's already been some fruitful speculation about that - it's accepted that one of the spouses is going to be Olivia Voldaren, for example.

But - what could a vamp set do mechanically? We know Innistrad's bloodsuckers have a saboteur theme, but beyond that there's little to go on, except maybe for "Sacrifice matters".
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 years ago

They might take a page from Vampire: The Masquerade and introduce/expand on the specific abilities and differences of the Vampire clans. The Falkenraths, for example, could have a madness theme, another clan would have a mill theme, and so on.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 2 years ago

Aren't the Falkenrath's basically extinct after Sorin's crusade?

Personally I hope we see more of the less well known families, like the Mauer. There are 13 families after all, we can't just focus on the same four every time.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Speculation”