Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
6th color of mana

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
JovialJovian 30 (+2)
dyd 27 (+2)
bravelion83 25 (+1)
Venedrex 22
netn10 18 (+1)
haywire 16 (+2)
void_nothing 15 (+3)
ahyangyi 7 (+1)
wizyard 3
Riria 3 (+3)
dangerousdice 2 (+1)
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Dogs
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, void_nothing

Tenth District Lamppost 2
Artifact
Permanents your opponents control with hexproof can be the targets of spells and abilities you control as though they didn't have hexproof.
3, t: Create X 1/1 white Dog creature tokens, where X is one plus there number of Dogs you control. If you control ten or more Dogs, sacrifice Tenth District Lamppost.

IIW: ring
bravelion83 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: ahyangyi, void_nothing

Alpha of the Canine Pack 2RR
Creature — Dog (R)
Haste
Other Dogs, Wolves, and Werewolves you control get +1/+1 and have haste.
R, T: Exile the top two cards of your library.
You may cast creature cards exiled with Alpha of the Canine Pack. If a Dog, Wolf, or Werewolf is cast this way, it enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it.
3/3

IIW: party
ahyangyi wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: dyd, void_nothing

Hot // Dog

Instant
Deal 3 damage to target creature you control and it gains double strike until end of turn.

//

Creature - Dog
Sacrifice ~: target creature gains indestructible, and gets "whenever this is targeted by an instant or sorcery, it gets +3/+0 until end of turn" until end of turn.
1/1

(the double "until end of turn" is necessary but weird...)

IIW: well, an abilities featuring "until end of turn" at least twice.
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Today is the "read walls of text" and I kinda like it lol.

Votes: JovialJovian, Riria

Pharaoh's Protector 2W
Creature - Dog (Uncommon)
T: Target legendary creature you control gains indestructible until end of turn.
Embalm W
1/3

IIW: Cats and dogs works together.
duducrash wrote:
3 years ago
riria, dangerousdice

Playfull Partner

Sacrifice an artifact: Phase Playfull Partner out, when Playfull Partner phases back in search your library for a artifact card with cost equal or less the sacrificed artificat mana value, put that card onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library. Activate this ability only anytime you could cast a sorcery.

IIW : Mage Tower the sport from Strixhaven!

(Sorry if I made something wrong)
Venedrex wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: haywire, bravelion83

Hunter's Bloodhound
Creature — Dog (U)
Vigilance
Spells you cast that target a creature you control and a creature an opponent controls cost less to cast.
: Creatures your opponents control lose hexproof and shroud until end of turn.
3/3

IIW: Adventure cards.
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
riria dyd
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: netn10, haywire

Hungry Groff 4G
Creature - Plant Dog (R)
Whenever one or more tokens you control leave the battlefield, choose two -
• Put that many +1/+1 counters on Hungry Groff.
• You gain that much life.
• Scry that much.
• Add that much G.
3/3

IIW: Things to ride on
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Comet-Wings Celestial
Astral Creature - Celestial
Project (As you cast a non-astral creature spell, you may exile this card from your hand and pay its project cost. If you do, add this card's effects, types, power and toughness to that spell, except for its astral type and this ability. If the non-astral spell does not resolve, return this card to your hand.)
Flying, haste
, : Double the amount of unspent you have.
4/4

IIW: 6th AND 7th colors of mana
Last edited by dyd 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

ahyangyi

Post by ahyangyi » 3 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, Venedrex (I really want to also vote for netn10, but alas, must make exactly two votes)

Opera-House Guildmage
Creature - Human Wizard (U)
, : gain life equal to the mana value of target spell.
, : increase the mana value of target spell by 3.

What Azor I did not anticipate, and Niv-Mizzet the new Living Guildpact failed to prevent, and Rakdos was really annoyed about, is that there are now fifteen guilds!
Watermark: Stastny
2/2

IIW: "You cannot win"

Comments: changing the mana value does not change the mana cost. It just messes with stuff like Drown in the Loch.

bravelion83
OTJ MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 3 years ago

Votes: Venedrex, netn10

Counterfire 1{purple}{purple}
Instant (U)
Counter target spell, triggered ability, or activated ability that isn't a mana ability. Counterfire deals 2 damage to that spell or ability's controĺler. Until end of turn, mana abilities your opponents control can't be activated.
Last edited by bravelion83 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | The June MCC is ongoing. Theme is OTJ. Most recent thread: Round 2. Design deadline on the 15th.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on June 4th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

netn10

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: void_nothing, ahyangyi

Psionic Silencer 1
Creature - Psion Rogue (Common)
( spells can only be cast from outside the game. If you have spells outside the game, reveal them at the start of the game.)
, T: Target creature loses all abilities until end of turn.
1/1

IIW: Companions

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 3 years ago

votes: Venedrex, dyd
hm: duducrash, interesting idea, but the card is too incomplete, you lack a type line entirely.

Incubus Addict 4B
Creature - Devil
You may pay rather than pay this spell's mana cost.
T, pay 1 life: Add ( can't be used to pay generic mana costs.)
3/2

IIW: Firearms

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

bravelion83 venedrex
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: netn10, duducrash

Oathguide Floralite 2{jasmine}
Creature - Dryad Bard (U)
When Oathguide Floralite enters the battlefield, mill four cards.
Whenever Oathguide Floralite deals combat damage to a player, you may cast an Aura card with converted mana cost equal to or less than the amount of damage dealt from your graveyard without paying its mana cost.
2/2

IIW: Enchant land
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”