[Assorted] Sporegorger's Gorge: TFC (Triple-Faced) Elder Dragon + More

Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 5 months ago

Twins Oncidium and Odontoglossum
2{B}{G}{U}
Creature - Plant Faerie (R)
Flying
Descend 4 -When Twins Oncidium and Odontoglossum enters the battlefield, if you cast it and there are four or more permanent cards in your graveyard, discover 4.
Descend 8 -As long as there are eight or more permanent cards in your graveyard, Twins Oncidium and Odontoglossum has "When this creature dies, discover 8."
3/4
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Sporegorger_Dragon

Magical Kitchenware
Artifact (R)
1, {T}, Exile a creature card from your graveyard: Create a Food token.
Craft with one or more creatures
"-a salad of sliced saprolings, kobold peppers, and thallid hearts, drizzled with devil's tears dressing, then a simple pie of camarid tails in a tart sauce of olives and capers-"
================
Magnificent Banquet
Artifact - Food
When Magnificent Banquet enters the battlefield, for each exiled creature card used to craft it, create a token that's a copy of that creature, except it's a Food artifact with "{2}, {T}, Sacrifice this artifact: You gain 3 life," and it loses all other card types.
3, {T}: Tap target creature and put a +1/+1 counter on it.
2, {T}, Sacrifice Magnificent Banquet: You gain 2, life, plus 1 life for each other Food you control.
"-and then a whole roast thrull, its belly stuffed with kavu blood pudding, wrapped in streaky baloth bacon and well-basted with anchovy butter, with a honeyed quince in its mouth--"

Alternate flavor text:
"Yeah, even young craw wurm is leathery and stringy, so I'm not sure about this old bull. Gonna try though; soaking the carcass in seawater now, if I start stewing it before noon it might be edible after sundown. Pounding the liver and kidneys to add to the stew, also throwing in the leftover horsemeat jerky and smoked eel, might improve the flavor. Even if it still ends up too tough, we've got plenty of cabbage and leeks, plus a few potatoes, so at least we'll have some sort of stew. Go see if you can find me some wild ramp or swamp mustard."

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 5 months ago

Awesomely long flavor text - is this Asmor speaking?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Sporegorger_Dragon

That is certainly a valid interpretation!
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Oozeslime Slug
3{G}{G}
Creature - Slug (U)
Landfall -Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, create an 0/0 green Ooze creature token. Put X +/+1 counters on it, where X is Oozeslime Slug's power.
Descend 8 -At the beginning of your end step, if there are eight or more permanent cards in your graveyard, put a +1/+1 counter on Oozeslime Slug and each other Ooze you control.
2/5
The slug's copious mucus is so thickly infested with slime molds and other amoeboid microbes, its slime becomes capable of moving independently and ingesting food, just like a true ooze.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Giant Banana Slug
1{G}
Creature - Slug (C)
Descend 4 -When Giant Banana Slug enters the battlefield, choose one. If there are four or more permanent cards in your graveyard, choose one or more instead.
-Create a 1/1 black Slug creature token.
-Exile target card from a graveyard
-Put a +1/+1 counter on a Slug you control.
1/1

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 5 months ago

Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Sporegorger_Dragon

Strangler Fig Treefolk
3{B}{G}
Creature - Treefolk Assassin (R)
Kicker -Sacrifice a Treefolk, Forest, or Swamp
Reach
When Strangler Fig Treefolk enters the battlefield, if it was kicked, destroy target nonland permanent. Create X 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens and put X +1/+1 counters on Strangler Fig Treefolk, where X is half that permanent's mana value, rounded up.
3/3

Sporegorger_Dragon

1) Slimefoot and Squee would be my favorite card ever, if only they were in Sultai colors... :pensive:

Lix and Iba, Jungle's Custodians
1{B}{G}{U}
Legendary Creature - Plant Fungus (M)
Whenever Lix and Iba, Jungle's Custodians enters the battlefield or attacks, if a creature you control explored or you descended this turn, create two 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens.
2{B}{G}{U}, Sacrifice two Saprolings: Return Lix and Iba from your graveyard to the battlefield and put up to one other target permanent card in a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control. That creature is a green Plant creature in addition to its other colors and types with power and toughness equal to its mana value. Activate only as a sorcery.
3/3
Vlaryk appoints defenders to protect his favored spots.

EDIT: Changed the lore. The "custodians" are in fact imposters and intruders themselves. Also Nepenthes sp. are not native to the Neotropics ie South America...

2) Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator on Theros, you know, the other plane with avian Sirens:

Malias Calum, Captive Lure
2{U}
Legendary Creature - Siren (R)
Defender
Whenever an opponent attacks you and/or one or more planeswalkers you control, you draw a card and create a tapped Treasure token.
1{U}, T: Target creature an opponent controls attacks you this turn if able.
As long as Malias Calum is modified, it has flying and can attack as though it didn't have defender.
2/2

On Theros, a siren by the name of Malias is captured by pirates that exploit his enthralling song to lure ships for plunder while sedating any armed resistance.

The pirates keep him bound and gagged until needed, only removing the gag after they've plugged their ears with wax, communicating with hand signals.

Malias is biding his time until he can steal something to help him break his bonds, or until some Nyxborn creature bestows upon him a boon.

3) If there was a Rakdos on Kamigawa:

Aku-Dosu, Desecrator of Honor
3{U}{U}{B}{B}
Legendary Creature - Demon Spirit (M)
Flying, lifelink, trample
Whenever Aku-Dosu, Desecrator of Honor attacks, you lose half your life and you exile half the cards in your hand and half the non-Demon permanents you control. Round up each time.
Whenever Aku-Dosu deals combat damage to a player, that player exiles half the cards in their hand and half the non-Demon permanents they control. Round up each time.
You may play cards exiled with Aku-Dosu, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast those spells.
7/6
No oath unbroken.

There is one oni no one dares invoke on Kamigawa. Too powerful to bind wth a contract, too treacherous to form a pact with. There is only one promise he honors: "I will betray you."
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 5 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Entangled Leatherback
3{U}
Creature - Turtle (U)
Entangled Leatherback enters the battlefield with two -1/-1 counters on it.
Entangled Leatherback has defender as long as it has a -1/-1 counter on it.
{U}, T: Remove a -1/-1 counter from Entangled Leatherback.
Megamorph 5{U}{U}
5/7
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Magician's Pots Nepenthes

Creature - Plant (C)
When Magician's Pots Nepenthes enters the battlefield, you may mill four cards.
, T, Exile a creature card from your graveyard: Create an X/X black, green, and blue Plant creature token named Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant, where X is the exiled card's mana value.
2/3

Alluring-Aroma Nepenthes Garden
1{B}{G}{U}
Creature - Plant (U)
Defender
Evolve
Whenever Alluring-Aroma Nepenthes Garden is dealt combat damage, choose one-
-Return a Plant creature card at random from your graveyard to your hand.
-Put a Plant creature card from your hand onto the battlefield tapped with a stun counter on it.
0/5
Even the more docile species are dangerous; when threatened or hungry, they attract and summon other, more dangerous types.

Rakshasa's Perfume Nepenthes
2{B}{G}{U}
Creature - Plant (R)
Whenever one or more cards leave your graveyard, create an X/X black, green, and blue Plant creature token named Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant, where X is the number of cards that left your graveyard.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay . If you do, return a Plant creature card at random from your graveyard to the battlefield.
3/3

Iqba and Gigi, Fae Nepenthes and Nepenthes Fairy
1{B}{G}{G}{U}
Legendary Creature - Plant Faerie (M)
Flying, deathtouch
When Iqba and Gigi, Fae Nepenthes and Nepenthes Fairy enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a Plant creature card from your hand onto the battlefield tapped.
At the beginning of your end phase, you may return target Plant creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
3/4

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 4 months ago

I remember in the beginning that I wanted to avoid too much "graveyard matters", since Sultai has plenty enough. Remember those times? Ha ha!

In the interest of the absolutely cursed Limited implied by the previous cards, we naturally need our common enablers. The key difference between these and other self-mill creatures, is that each of these contains the word "may," letting the mill be optional:

Monkeyflower Faerie
1{U}
Creature - Faerie (C)
Flying
When Monkeyflower Faerie enters the battlefield, you may mill two cards.
1/2
It is said that each type of flower harbors a specific faerie that sleeps in its blossoms, its temperament unique to the bloom that it spawned from.

Screeching Skaab and Sultai Skullkeeper did well in their respective environments, so I wonder how a Storm Crow would fare.

Lamprey of Lament
1{B}
Creature - Fish (C)
When Lamprey of Lament enters the battlefield or dies, you may mill two cards.
2/1
"So, when Domitius said to Crassus the orator, 'Did not you weep for the death of the lamprey you kept in your fish pond?'
'Did not you, said Crassus to him again, 'bury three wives without ever shedding a tear?'"
-Plutarch, "On the Intelligence of Animals"

Sort of an intermediate stage between Wailing Ghoul, Mire Triton, and Stitcher's Supplier.

Nepenthes Vinescreen
1{G}
Creature - Plant Wall (C)
Defender
When Nepenthes Vinescreen enters the battlefield, you may mill four cards. You gain 1 life for each land card milled this way.
0/4

Speaking of Mire Triton, that's a card that could easily be colorshifted into green. Here, I opted for something like a cross between Circle of the Land Druid and Wall of Lost Thoughts.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Scorpion-Orchid Nepenthes

Creature - Plant (U)
When Scorpion-Orchid Nepenthes enters the battlefield, you may mill three cards. If you do, you may put a permanent card from among the milled cards into your hand.
When Scorpion-Orchid Nepenthes dies, you may mill three cards. If at least one permanent card is milled this way, create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
1/3

Sporegorger_Dragon

Vlaryk, the Dystopic Victory Star
5{B}{G}{G}{U}
Legendary Creature - Plant Elder Dragon (M)
Flying, vigilance, trample, deathtouch, protection from legendary
When Vlaryk, the Dystopic Victory Star enters the battle, choose one. If mana was spent to cast this spell, instead choose one or more.
-Draw seven cards, then mill seven cards.
-Create a 1/1 green Saproling creature for each land you control.
-Return each Plant creature card with a pitcher-plant in its art not named Vlaryk, the Dystopic Victory Star in your graveyard to the battlefield.
-Put any number of Plant creature cards each with a pitcher-plant in its art not named Vlaryk, the Dystopic Victory Star from your hand onto the battlefield.
8/11

Wanted a win condition/target for the preceding cards. Based off of Atraxa, Grand Unifier and its runaway success as a reanimation target.

Based on Atraxa's performance, I'm guessing the first option will be the one chosen most often.
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 4 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 4 months ago

That's a lot of text for one card.
I'm not quite certain why the font of some of the text is purple. Why is the font of some of the rules text purple?
I might phrase that bit as, "If mana was spent to cast Vlaryk, instead choose any number...."

I bet the first option will be chosen most of the time, too. Approximately 9 Saprolings isn't bad, but it's vulnerable to sweepers and other forms of removal.
The last option needs to clarify where you put plant-art-cards onto the battlefield from.

Sporegorger_Dragon

OneAndOnly wrote:
4 months ago
That's a lot of text for one card.
I'm not quite certain why the font of some of the text is purple. Why is the font of some of the rules text purple?
I might phrase that bit as, "If mana was spent to cast Vlaryk, instead choose any number...."

I bet the first option will be chosen most of the time, too. Approximately 9 Saprolings isn't bad, but it's vulnerable to sweepers and other forms of removal.
The last option needs to clarify where you put plant-art-cards onto the battlefield from.
Whoops, forgot that part. The last option puts them from your hand, like Ghalta.

I sometimes highlight text segments that I believe are critical or easily overlooked. You're right, the spells from Eldraine with adamant provide the correct formatting. The text "one or more" forces you to choose at least one, while "any number" allows you to get away with choosing none.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Gemini Drake
2{U}{B}
Creature - Drake (U)
Flying
When Gemini Drake enters the battlefield, create a 2/2 blue Drake creature token with flying.
Blitz 1{U}{B}
2/2

Sporegorger_Dragon

Nepenthes Legion
3{B}{G}{U}
Creature - Plant (R)
When you cast this spell, you may mill four cards.
Nepenthes Legion's power is equal to the total number of permanent cards you own in exile and in your graveyard that each have a pitcher-plant in its art, and its toughness is equal to that number plus 1.
When Nepenthes Legion dies, create an X/X black, green, and blue Plant creature token named Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant, where X is the total number of permanent cards you own in exile and in your graveyard that each have a pitcher-plant in its art.
*/*+1

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 4 months ago

I feel like you should issue a player information card in each booster pack, to help them identify all the various species.

Also, in regards to your previous post -- I guess I always assumed the colored text was for edits you made from previous versions; but I appreciate your clarification!

Sporegorger_Dragon

Icepop Faerie
2{U}
Creature - Faerie (U)
Flash
Kicker 2{U}{U}
Flying
When Icepop Faerie enters the battlefield, tap target creature you don't control. If it was kicked, instead tap one or two target creatures you don't control and put a stun counter on each of them.
2/1

Sporegorger_Dragon

Glow-Timber Beetle
4{B}
Creature - Insect (U)
Flying
When Glow-Timber Beetle enters the the battlefield, create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
Unearth 2{B}{B}
3/1
Unable to subsist on wood alone, they inoculate wood with fungal symbionts, which are the main source of nutrition and make the wood more digestible.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Scaly-Foot Ventropod
[Shiny Magcargo]

Creature - Snail (U)
When Scaly-Foot Ventropod enters the battlefield or dies, surveil 1.
Descend 4 -As long as there are four or more permanent cards in your graveyard, Scaly-Foot Ventropod has "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player or dies, draw a card."
Descend 8 -As long as there are eight or more permanent cards in your graveyard, Scaly-Foot Ventropod assigns combat damage equal to its toughness rather than its power.
1/6
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 4 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Balloon-Blower Blowfish
4{U}{B}
Creature - Balloon Fish (U)
Balloon-Blower Blowfish enters the battlefield with a flying counter and three +1/+1 counters on it.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay and remove any number of counters from Balloon-Blower Blowfish. If you do, create that many 1/1 red Balloon creature tokens with flying.
When Balloon-Blower Blowfish dies, create a 1/1 red Balloon creature token with flying for each counter on it.
1/1

Sporegorger_Dragon

Ulgi, Upside-Down Nepenthes
[Plant 42]
3{B}{G}{U}
Legendary Creature - Plant Mutant (R)
Defender, reach, wither
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice another creature. When you do, choose up to two-
-Tap up to one target creature and put a stun counter on it.
-Target opponent loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.
-Ulgi, Upside-Down Nepenthes gains vigilance until end of turn and can attack this turn as though it didn't have defender.
6/6

Sporegorger_Dragon

Boneheap Osedax
3{B}{B}
Creature - Worm (R)
Boneheap Osedax's power is equal to the number of creature cards in all graveyards and its toughness is equal to that number plus 1.
1{B}, Exile two creature cards from your graveyard: Boneheap Osedax gains indestructible until end of turn. Tap it.
*/*+1

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”