[Assorted] Sporegorger's Gorge: TFC (Triple-Faced) Elder Dragon + More

Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 6 months ago

void_nothing wrote:
6 months ago
This is like the banning and removal from Gatherer a couple of years ago of a bunch of REALLY ill-conceived old cards where it's super obvious why most of them could cause offense, but also Stone-Throwing Devils was part of it for some reason. Still not sure of the logic of that.
Actually, I can see one good reason why that card was cut, made even more relevant by recent events.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 6 months ago

:? Yeah I can see why that card, now.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Sporegorger_Dragon

Almost forgot:
Rakshasa are just demons, and no longer cats.

Collector Rakshasa
4{B}{B}
Creature - Demon (M)
When Collector Rakshasa enters the battlefield, exile all creature tokens. Draw a card for each creature exiled this way.
3/3

Nouveau-Riche Rakshasa
3{B}
Creature - Demon (R)
Whenever Nouveau-Riche Rakshasa enters the battlefield or deals combat damage to a player, you draw a card, create a Treasure token, and you lose 2 life.
3/2

Sporegorger_Dragon

Moray-Pitcher Nepenthes

Creature - Plant (C)
When Moray-Pitcher Nepenthes enters the battlefield or dies, create a 1/1 blue Fish creature token with "This creature can't be blocked."
2/4

Squid-Leaf Nepenthes

Creature - Plant (U)
When Squid-Leaf Nepenthes enters the battlefield, reveal the top two cards of your library. An opponent chooses one of those cards. Put the chosen card into your graveyard and the other into your hand. Create a number of 1/1 blue Squid creature tokens with islandwalk equal to the difference between their mana values. If they both have the same mana value, instead create a number of tapped 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens equal to their total mana value.
1/5

Octo-Pot Nepenthes
3{B}{G}{U}
Creature - Plant (R)
When Octo-Pot Nepenthes enters the battlefield, if you cast it and you control eight or more lands, create an 8/8 blue Octopus creature token.
Octo-Pot Nepenthes gets +4/+4 as long as you control eight or more lands.
Descend 8 -4{B}{G}{U}: Create an 8/8 blue Octopus creature token. Activate only if if there are eight or more permanent cards in your graveyard, and only as a sorcery.
4/4

Garden of Psychic Nepenthes
5{B}{G}{G}{U}
Creature - Plant (M)
This spell costs {1} less to cast for each card type among cards in your graveyard.
At the beginning of each upkeep, create a 0/2 green Plant creature token with reach and defender.
Delirium -Then if there are four or more card types among cards in your graveyard, also create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
Descend 8 -As long as there are eight or more permanent cards in your graveyard, each other creature you control that's a Plant or a Saproling gets +2/+2, has trample and can attack as though it didn't have defender.
5/5

Sporegorger_Dragon

Pitcher of Avarice
{U}{B}
Instant (U)
Shuffle five target Plant creature cards each with a pitcher-plant in its art from your graveyard into your library.
You draw two cards and you lose 2 life.

Nepenthes Fragrance
1{G}
Instant (C)
Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn by creatures that don't have a pitcher-plant in their art. If you control a Plant, draw a card.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Trepanation Trepang
3{U}{B}
Creature - Sea-Cucumber (R)
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player discards a card.
At the beginning of your end step, if you descended this turn, create a 1/1 blue and black Sea-Cucumber Ooze creature token with "When this creature dies, put a stun counter on up to one creature."
6/6

Auto-Eviscerating Holuthurian
5{B}
Creature - Sea-Cucumber (U)
Defender
When Auto-Eviscerating Holuthurian is dealt damage, you may pay {1}. When you do, another target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the damage dealt.
0/7
Some sea-cucumbers can eject their internal organs as a defensive tactic, leaving the attacker entangled in toxic sticky tubules.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Sluggish Muckmass
3{B}{B}
Creature - Slug (R)
Sluggish Muckmass enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each land card in your graveyard and each land you control that can produce {B}.
1{B}, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Sluggish Muckmass: Create a 1/1 black Slug creature token.
0/0
Countless slimy bodies squelching as one.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Tree Agate Snails
2{G}
Creature - Snail (U)
{T}: Untap target Forest. Until end of turn, it gains "Whenever this land is tapped for mana, its controller adds an additional one mana of any color."
2/4
In some areas, the trees are dotted with these living jewels.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 5 months ago

Dragon Falconer
4{B}{B}
Creature - Dragon Hunter (C)
When Dragon Falconer enters the battlefield, create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying.
3{B}: Target Dragon or Hunter you control gains deathtouch until end of turn.
1/1
"You use eagles to hunt? How cute!"

With the release of Xavier Sal, Infested Captain, I wanted a black Urbis Protector to provide suitable populate fodder.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Vlaryk, the Usurper
5{B}{G}{G}{U}
Legendary Creature - Vlaryk (M)
+2: Draw a card. Create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
+1: Search your library for a card, put that card into your hand, then shuffle.
-5: Search your library, hand, and/or graveyard for up to X Dragon cards, where X is the number of times you descended this turn, and put them onto the battlefield. If you search your library this way, shuffle.
-13: Each player exiles all cards in their hand and graveyard. You put any number of face-up cards in exile onto the battlefield face down under your control. They're 5/5 black, green and blue Plant Dragon creatures with flying.
<7>
"Aahh, Tarkir, such a quaint, vulnerable, little plane!"

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 5 months ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
5 months ago
Dragon Falconer
4{B}{B}
Creature - Dragon Hunter (C)
When Dragon Falconer enters the battlefield, create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying.
3{B}: Target Dragon or Hunter you control gains deathtouch until end of turn.
1/1
"You use eagles to hunt? How cute!"

With the release of Xavier Sal, Infested Captain, I wanted a black Urbis Protector to provide suitable populate fodder.
Is this meant to be a Human on the typeline? Cool idea, tbh.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Sporegorger_Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
5 months ago
Is this meant to be a Human on the typeline? Cool idea, tbh.
Originally, yes. But then I wanted to differentiate it more from the aforementioned Urbis Protector.

Vampire or Orc didn't quite seem to fit, but then the idea of a humanoid dragonborn (like from DnD) using a dragon to hunt appealed to me greatly. That led me to think that maybe the hunter and his dragon were actually half-siblings/cousins, which I found hilarious.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

I was about to say that's one tiny dragonborn, but Dragonborn Looter also has 1 base power, so hey. Actually I kind of like Orc as the type.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Counter-Espionage Agent
1{U}{B}
Creature - Faerie Rogue (U)
Flash
Flying
If a spell, ability, or effect an opponent controls would cause them to draw one or more cards except the first one they draw in each of their draw steps, instead they mill that many cards.
2/2

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

That wording is redundant. There's no such thing as an effect other than what comes from a spell or ability (CR 609.1) - I'm not sure why Nullhide Ferox says "spell or ability" and Anointed Procession says "effect", but they both mean the same thing.

Sporegorger_Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
5 months ago
I'm not sure why Nullhide Ferox says "spell or ability" and Anointed Procession says "effect", but they both mean the same thing.
I think Anointed Procession has the "effect" wording so it stacks with the replacement effect of another Anointed Procession, similar to Doubling Season.

Phial of Galadriel, Blood Scrivener, and Thought Reflection are capable of replacing your draw step's single draw with a replacement effect that draws two cards but isn't an ability or spell, so I assumed using "effect" would cover these situations as well, but I'm no longer sure.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Well, it's just the reverse, right - Effect covers everything anyway, so the words you don't need are "spell, ability, or".

Sporegorger_Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
5 months ago
Well, it's just the reverse, right - Effect covers everything anyway, so the words you don't need are "spell, ability, or".
You're right!

I also just remembered Notion Thief's effect, which is also a replacement effect and not a spell or ability, so this wording is also necessary to prevent drawing off of Notion Thief's effect:

Counter-Espionage Agent
1{U}{B}
Flash
Flying
If an effect an opponent controls would cause them to draw one or more cards except the first one they draw in each of their draw steps, instead they mill that many cards.
2/2

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

user_938036
Answers: 21

Post by user_938036 » 5 months ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
5 months ago
void_nothing wrote:
5 months ago
You're right!

I also just remembered Notion Thief's effect, which is also a replacement effect and not a spell or ability, so this wording is also necessary to prevent drawing off of Notion Thief's effect:

Counter-Espionage Agent
1{U}{B}
Flash
Flying
If an effect an opponent controls would cause them to draw one or more cards except the first one they draw in each of their draw steps, instead they mill that many cards.
2/2
While I could still be convinced otherwise. After a deep dive into the rules, I don't believe "effects" have "controllers". This would be why it isn't regularly used to replace "spell or ability".

Regarding Notion Theif, you control the Theif so you control its ability. But the effect of its ability alters the opponent's spell or ability to cause you to draw instead of them. So you are drawing cards not because of an effect you control but because the effect of an ability you control altered the effect created by an opponent's spell or ability.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Splintersprite Swarm

Creature - Plant Splinter (U)
Flying
Cumulative upkeep {1}
Whenever Splintersprite Swarm's cumulative upkeep is paid, create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token for each colored mana spent this way.
When Splintersprite Swarm dies, create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token for each age counter on it.
1/1
Some rainforest trees are adapted to having bits and fragments of their canopy ripped off by the frequent tropical storms, which disperse and take root in new soil. When a jungle ancient is finally felled by a storm, from its shattered remains rises a whole swarm of new life.

Sporegorger_Dragon

The Price is Rite
2{B}{B}
Sorcery - Quiz (U)
No peeking! (When this spell is on the stack, the player targeted by this spell can't look at cards in public zones.)
Target opponent names which creature card has the highest or is tied for the highest mana value in all graveyards. If they name it correctly, put that creature card onto the battlefield under their control and you lose life equal to its mana value. Otherwise, you put the creature card with the highest or is tied for the highest mana value in all graveyards onto the battlefield under your control and you gain life equal to its mana value.

Monstrous Masquerade Party
2{U}{U}
Enchantment (M)
The "legend rule" doesn't apply.
Each double-faced permanent with a back side that is also a permanent has the text box and characteristics of its back side in addition to its front. Nightbound has no effect. (It also has the name, colors, types, and text box of the other side, plus adds the power and toughness of the other side to its own if applicable. If the back is a planeswalker and it's already on the field, it dies because no loyalty.)
Each permanent capable of melding has the text box and characteristics of the permanent card that it melds into in addition to its own, and change the text of the ability that melds from "exile" to "you may exile."

Last line of text is required because the meld cards that have triggered meld abilities all have non-optional triggers, so this allows you to plop out both Gisela and Bruna and have them stick around as two pseudo-Brisela without having them meld.
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 5 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Abyssal Vampire Squid
2{B}{B}
Creature - Vampire Squid (U)
Fathomless descent -Abyssal Vampire Squid's power is equal to the number of permanent cards in your graveyard.
Descend 4 -As long as there are four or more permanent cards in your graveyard, Abyssal Vampire Squid has "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, you draw a card and you lose 1 life."
Descend 8 -As long as there are eight or more permanent cards in your graveyard, Abyssal Vampire Squid has menace and lifelink.
*/3
How deep do you dare?

Carnivorous Sponge Reef
2{U}{B}
Creature - Sponge Wall (U)
Defender
Wither
Whenever you put one or more -1/-1 counters on a creature, its controller loses that much life.
1/6
====================
Boring Sponge Infestation
1{U}{B}
Kindred Enchantment - Sponge Aura
Enchant nonland permanent
Enchanted permanent doesn't untap during its controller's untap step and its activated abilities can't be activated.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if enchanted permanent is a creature or Vehicle, put a -1/-1 counter on it.
"No, not 'boring' as in 'uninteresting', 'boring' as in 'boring holes!'" -Last message from Capt. Lloyd, presumed deceased

Grim Purseweb Spider
2{B}{G}
Creature - Spider (U)
Grim Purseweb Spider enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
Whenever another creature you control dies, proliferate. This ability triggers only once per turn.
{B}{G}, Sacrifice another creature: Grim Purseweb Spider gains menace and deathtouch until end of turn. Activate this ability only once per turn.
3/3

Sporegorger_Dragon

Dancing Pixie
{U}
Creature - Faerie (U)
Bargain
Flash
Flying
When Dancing Pixie enters the battlefield, if it was bargained, the next creature or planeswalker spell you cast this turn can be cast as though it had flash.
1/1

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Dancing Pixie is a neat idea.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”