Kozilek 1.0 - How to Lose Friends and Annihilate People

ender86
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ender86 » 11 months ago

A couple of months away from at least one new goodie! The face commander of the upcoming Eldrazi deck Zhulodok, Void Gorger. I'm guessing we'll get a few new toys too.

My deck has 8 cards that are 7 or higher mana, so I'm not sure if it'll be relevant yet or not. But it's nice that they're making more cards for Kozilek!

Tags:

Runnin

Post by Runnin » 11 months ago

Managed to get a foil Karn, Legacy Reforged for a decent price over here. Doesn't seem like the product has been opened a lot so the prices are quite high. But through a more private tradeforum I managed to snag one cheaper. Otherwise a foil one would probably cost me double. But I really wanna test him in the deck. Too bad his mana is restrictive, not being able to use it for non artifact spells. But it is Karn and I want the card ^^

MJ0LN1R7

Post by MJ0LN1R7 » 10 months ago

I think Karn is pretty cool. Let me know how that works out for you. I would only swap my Blinkmoth Urn for him… As for now I super like what it does for me with being able to cast all spells. Keep us informed how the testing goes!

Edit: I just forgot to mention I have made copies of blinkmoth before and even hitting it with a Strionic Resonator for insane amounts of mana. The only downfall with Karn is that he is legendary for that sort of interactions with copying and all. Trigger copy would work however!

ender86

Post by ender86 » 9 months ago

New toys!
  • Calamity of the Titans: Reveal a colorless creature from your hand and exile all creatures/planeswalkers with less mana!
  • Darksteel Monolith: Indestructible Artifact with: Once each turn, you may pay rather than pay the mana cost for a colorless spell you cast from your hand. Sounds spicey to me!
  • Desecrate Reality: An instant that allows you to exile up to one target permanent each opponent controls with an even mana value AND return a permanent from our graveyard with an odd mana value.
  • Flayer of Loyalties: A 10/10 Eldrazi Creature that allows you to gain control of a creature upon cast for the turn, untap it, transform it into a 10/10 with trample, annihilator 2, and haste. And it also has annihilator 2. Seems like a must include!
  • Skittering Cicada: A 2/2 Insect Creature with Flash that allows us to cast colorless spells as though they had flash. AND whenever you cast a colorless spell, this creature gets trample and +x/+x, where x is that spell's mana value until end of turn.
  • Ugin's Mastery: An Enchantment where you manifest the top card or your library (goes face down as a 2/2 creature on your board and you can turn it face up at any time for it's mana cost if it's a creature. And whenever you attack with creatures >=6, we can turn a face-down creature face up!
  • Rise of the Eldrazi: An Unconterable Sorcery that allows us to destroy a target permanent. Target player draws 4 cards. Take an extra turn before exiling.
I left out Omarthis, Ghostfire Initiate because it doesn't seem to synergize with The Butcher.

Wow! Now to figure out which ones to include and what to cut. :)

Runnin

Post by Runnin » 9 months ago

ender86 wrote:
9 months ago
New toys!
Wow! Now to figure out which ones to include and what to cut. :)
Yeah I dunno if its worth getting the box. Thing is, I've heard legacy players are looking towards this decks new cards. I would love to try them out for myself, but it would suck not to get them when some of the cards spikes hard! Atm I can get one at about 86.76 Euros.

ender86

Post by ender86 » 9 months ago

I have one on preorder with Amazon for $82 USD which I'm considering canceling. All the new cards have already been added to many of the https://www.printingproxies.com sites. I know everyone has an opinion on proxies, but ever since Wizards printed their own proxies last year for $999 and are now charging premium prices for "non-premium" cardboard, it seems like most of my playgroups' opinions are that proxies are fine.

MJ0LN1R7

Post by MJ0LN1R7 » 8 months ago

Well… my Kozilek list is super super tight and besides The One Ring from LOTR nothing has made it in there.

I did pick up Zhulodok, Void Gorger and have been playing that in a cascade colourless build and I can say it's a lot of fun. I didn't put any of the broken %$#% that sits in any of our Kozilek lists so it's lower power as a result, but it's much more tuned than the OG decklist and more Eldrazi focused.. All this said though I can confirm that Darksteel Monolith does some dam work. Now in my own Kozilek deck it doesn't make much sense due to all the other combo pieces and always having a ton of mana anyway. But for anyone playing large drops say in the 9-13 range and having even more than 6 of them in a deck, it's worth a slot for sure. Don't sleep on that. Lots of other cool cards in this set tho for goodies, I haven't had enough time to play them all lol

Cheers

ender86

Post by ender86 » 8 months ago

@MJ0LN1R7: What did you cut for The One Ring?

MJ0LN1R7

Post by MJ0LN1R7 » 8 months ago

Hey man. Good question. I actually ended up cutting Scroll Rack for The One Ring . Reason being is the list is so tight right now that's the only thing I could spare. It was in my list as a means to loop an instant speed destroy everything by being able to move it from my hand to my library. Then if Spine of Ish Sah got countered I use Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre as a means to shuffle the spine into my library and fetch again with Planar Bridge. Now that I run Liberator, Urza's Battlethopter its a bit less necessary now as well, my deck being very combo centric. It's a great card don't get me wrong and it did its job here and there but without a whole lot of shuffle effects it's not as useful. And The One Ring is absolutely insane on the other hand. Plenty of ways to sac it in my list as well.

MJ0LN1R7

Post by MJ0LN1R7 » 3 weeks ago

Lavaspur Boots anyone!?!

This one's got me super excited! Swapping out my Haunted Cloak for a bit more aggressive MV for a haste enabler.

Runnin

Post by Runnin » 2 weeks ago

Fun thought, Cactus Preserve could be something to take a look at even if it comes in tapped.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”