Ghen, Treasure Weaver

NZB2323
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by NZB2323 » 5 months ago

@ISBPathfinder 's topic on Viridian Revel with the video on treasure really got me wanting to revisit my Ghen, Arcanum Weaver deck. Stony Silence is great against treasure, and I can sacrifice it when I want to. Blind Obedience is also a way to slow treasure down.

Black Market Connections, Smuggler's Share, and Revel in Riches are all great enchantments that create treasure, and some of the best treasure cards are in Mardu, with Dockside Extortionist and Ragavan, Nimble Pilferer. Cards like Unexpected Windfall and Big Score create treasure, draw cards, and at instant speed can put a card like Revel in Riches in my graveyard, which I could reanimate at my opponent's end step and then win the game during my upkeep. Demand Answers, Thrill of Possibility, Entomb, Oriq Loremage, and Insidious Dreams are other cards that can let me pitch enchantments to the graveyard at instant speed.

Contamination and Blood Moon messing up my mana base doesn't matter too much if I have a bunch of treasure, and I can always not pay for contamination or sacrifice these cards.

Before the deck seemed to lack gas and didn't have a great wincon. With Revel in Riches as the wincon, and all the draw and ramp, I don't think those will be problems anymore.
Ghen

Commander 1

Approximate Total Cost:

What do you guys think?
Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 5 months ago

I like this deck a lot. I've had my own Ghen build for a while, but it's just some enchantments with no real through line. I haven't put in the effort to make it pop yet. I really like the discard and recursion elements you've got here, as well as the constellation creatures. I bet this deck really hums.

The only suggestions I'd make are maybe Illusionist's Bracers and Out of Time, but this list looks really fun.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”