Dargo, the Shipwrecker + Su-Chi

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 3drinks » 3 years ago

Dargo, the Shipwrecker
Su-Chi

Am I correct in assuming I can pitch Su-Chi to Dargo and use it's cccc to help cast the giant, yes? Or does the resolution of the ability happen once I am done casting Dargo?

Similar scenario in utilization of Myr Moonvessel and/or Cathodion.

Thanks.

Accepted Answer

by Argus » 3 years ago
3drinks wrote:
3 years ago
Dargo, the Shipwrecker
Su-Chi

Am I correct in assuming I can pitch Su-Chi to Dargo and use it's cccc to help cast the giant, yes?
No. That ability won't go on the stack (let alone resolve) until the next time someone would get priority after you finish casting the spell.
603.2. Whenever a game event or game state matches a triggered ability's trigger event, that ability
automatically triggers. The ability doesn't do anything at this point.

603.3. Once an ability has triggered, its controller puts it on the stack as an object that's not a card the
next time a player would receive priority
. See rule 117, "Timing and Priority." The ability becomes
the topmost object on the stack. It has the text of the ability that created it, and no other
characteristics. It remains on the stack until it's countered, it resolves, a rule causes it to be removed
from the stack, or an effect moves it elsewhere.
Go to full post
Steel Sabotage'ng Orbs of Mellowness since 2011.

I collect Kaalia of the Vast normal-size cards. Do you have any extra taking up space in your binder? Help me grow my collection! :)

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

Argus
Answers: 53

Post by Argus » 3 years ago

3drinks wrote:
3 years ago
Dargo, the Shipwrecker
Su-Chi

Am I correct in assuming I can pitch Su-Chi to Dargo and use it's cccc to help cast the giant, yes?
No. That ability won't go on the stack (let alone resolve) until the next time someone would get priority after you finish casting the spell.
603.2. Whenever a game event or game state matches a triggered ability's trigger event, that ability
automatically triggers. The ability doesn't do anything at this point.

603.3. Once an ability has triggered, its controller puts it on the stack as an object that's not a card the
next time a player would receive priority
. See rule 117, "Timing and Priority." The ability becomes
the topmost object on the stack. It has the text of the ability that created it, and no other
characteristics. It remains on the stack until it's countered, it resolves, a rule causes it to be removed
from the stack, or an effect moves it elsewhere.
Why bother with mere rulings when so many answers can be found in the Rules?

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 3 years ago

I had a feeling thats how it would work out. Thanks for the clarification!
Steel Sabotage'ng Orbs of Mellowness since 2011.

I collect Kaalia of the Vast normal-size cards. Do you have any extra taking up space in your binder? Help me grow my collection! :)

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”