Confounding Conundrum

JWK
Elder Thing
Pronoun: he / him

Post by JWK » 3 years ago

Confounding Conundrum

I have several copies of this card. I have been considering slotting it into a couple of decks but haven't actually gotten around to trying it yet, and I'm wondering if anyone has used it or run into it in the wild, and if so, what your experiences have been.
I have 68 active EDH decks, with more in progress. I don't consider this a problem. Do you?
I am also one of those barbarians who enjoys winning by turning creatures sideways.

BounceBurnBuff

Post by BounceBurnBuff » 3 years ago

I've found its ability to slow down the Green decks at the table most welcome! Slight issue is said Green decks pack a lot of removal that hits it anyway, or the can deploy beaters to punish you for daring to bring them down to the pod's level.

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 3 years ago

I love the fact that it replaces itself. depending on your LGS/playgroup its a necessary hate card

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Post by Toshi » 3 years ago

So far i was only able to test it online for obvious reasons.
Online pods are significantly stronger than most metas i usually play in, with Confounding Conundrum scaling very well.
In high power settings one of the most significant upsides is, that opponents can't drop their fetches then crack them for same turn profit. That's a bit mitigated, if they're able to play at instant speed though.
As for less power crept pods, it is still very strong to drop before omnipotent ramp such as Cultivate and Kodama's Reach.
With the overall incline of landfall decks and commanders i don't see it falling from grace anytime soon. The fact that it cantrips doesn't even make it a dead card in those rare cases when no one runs green and/or fetches.

Using it in my Brago, King Eternal deck is certainly a lot of fun. Cantripping over and over, while getting more out my rocks by default is just a deadly combination, when combined with such an asymmetrical hate piece.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”