Xantcha + Malakir Rebirth

Serenade
UnderKing
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Serenade » 3 years ago

I am playing Xantcha in EDH. I have cast Xantcha, Sleeper Agent; she is under Opponent A's control. Opponent B casts Go for the Throat targeting the Xantcha. I cast the Rebirth side of Malakir Rebirth // Malakir Mire targeting Xantcha.

Xantcha will die. Does she come back to the battlefield under an opponent's control or mine? Just want to make sure I understand the replacement effect of her first ability with these types of cards. Thanks!

Accepted Answer

by Argus » 3 years ago
Serenade wrote:
3 years ago
Xantcha will die. Does she come back to the battlefield under an opponent's control or mine? Just want to make sure I understand the replacement effect of her first ability with these types of cards. Thanks!
The "Xantcha, Sleeper Agent enters the battlefield under the control of an opponent of your choice." replacement effect applies here just as it does when you cast it. You will choose an opponent to control her.
Go to full post
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

Argus
Answers: 53

Post by Argus » 3 years ago

Serenade wrote:
3 years ago
The "Xantcha, Sleeper Agent enters the battlefield under the control of an opponent of your choice." replacement effect applies here just as it does when you cast it. You will choose an opponent to control her.
Why bother with mere rulings when so many answers can be found in the Rules?

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 3 years ago

Excellent. Thanks!
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”