[ZNR] The Complete List as of Zendikar Rising.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Can be found by following this finely crafted link to the mothership.

A lot of very nice cards on it, including several that had yet to be reprinted. But there are two, very unique, standouts, for different reasons.

The first is a conspiracy, who the heck knows why they decided to put a literally worthless card in the rotation, but alas. Ok, to be fair, it could potentially find a use in a Cube, so it is not *completely* worthless, only mostly.

The other is one I did not expect to see on the list, at all. Urborg Panther. That one took me by surprise, for obvious reasons.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 3 years ago

I assume The List serves a similar purpose as the Timeshifted sheet (purple rarity, remember?) showing off as large a section of MTG history as possible. So, a name-calling card and a card of a card type you'd otherwise not be able to see. Seems explicable.

Do we get a lot of 1-ofs from cycles, too? It's hard to search for cycles, but easy to search for split cards. We get exactly one vanilla split card, one split card with fuse and one with aftermath. Exactly what you would expect if The List is meant to show of just what MTG can encompass.

At first, I thought, you were talking about Conspiracy though. : )

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
I assume The List serves a similar purpose as the Timeshifted sheet (purple rarity, remember?) showing off as large a section of MTG history as possible. So, a name-calling card and a card of a card type you'd otherwise not be able to see. Seems explicable.

Do we get a lot of 1-ofs from cycles, too? It's hard to search for cycles, but easy to search for split cards. We get exactly one vanilla split card, one split card with fuse and one with aftermath. Exactly what you would expect if The List is meant to show of just what MTG can encompass.

At first, I thought, you were talking about Conspiracy though. : )
The list is pretty much the same as the old Timeshifted sheet, yes. With cards from it showing up in one of four Set boosters.

Many of the cards on it however, were necessary reprints, even though it doesn't fix the lack of reprints, it will alleviate some of the issues. But man, Urborg Panther was not one I expected to ever see reprinted, which is why I mentioned it. There were a lot of other cards from Mirage block they could have picked instead which do not refer to a card on the reserved list, which is why it shocked me so much. But hey, a lot of very good cards on it, and I would be happy to open most of them.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”