Start Date For Zendikar Rising Preview Season

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

WotC Announces Start Date For Zendikar Rising Preview Season.

"Zendikar will rise. September 1st, 8:00 AM PT on http://twitch.tv/magic. Be there. #MTGZendikar"

link

:)
Last edited by The Fluff 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Huh. While wherever that is (Tazeem?) looks in a lot better shape than it was at the end of BFZ block - I suppose the wild mana of the Roil heals the land pretty well - I'm suspicious of whom that voice is supposed to be. I think it's meant to be Nahiri - or Nissa? Maybe it's her destiny as an animist to make Zendikar rise again? - but "tempered in silver and silence" sounds remarkably like someone who's been doing this whole lonely-vigil-inside-a-silver-moon thing. And I can see that voice being representative of the "Emeria" that appeared in people's heads.

But given the previously announced no Eldrazi in the set and the mention of the Spark implying a planeswalker, I'm sure it's not actually Emrakul.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 3 years ago

This definitely sounds like Nahiri to me. 'Tempered by silver and silence' = 'trapped in the Helvault'. Remember, it's made out of a chunk of Innistrad's moon, which is in turn made out of silver. Nahiri's perception of being betrayed by Sorin and Ugin is another point in favor, as is lithomancy / stone magic being part of her power set.

Anyway, should be interesting. Shadows Over Innistrad block had a big theme of Nahiri getting revenge against Sorin.... only for Sorin and Nahiri to pop up again in War of the Spark without much explanation. Would be nice to get some progression on that plot thread.

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 3 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
3 years ago
WotC Announces Start Date For Zendikar Rising Preview Season.

link

:)
For those who are annoyed by not getting the information in this thread and don't want to follow the link:
@wizards_magic wrote:Zendikar will rise. September 1st, 8:00 AM PT

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage

Post by Dusk » 3 years ago

Seem like two of the walker cards have been revealed early. Posted them in Unofficial Spoilers for now:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Jace and Nahiri, both normal and booster fun versions shown
That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Dusk wrote:
3 years ago
Seem like two of the walker cards have been revealed early. Posted them in Unofficial Spoilers for now:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Considering who posted the spoilers for those two cards, it is pretty safe to assume that they were official spoilers.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 3 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
Dusk wrote:
3 years ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Considering who posted the spoilers for those two cards, it is pretty safe to assume that they were official spoilers.
Jace jimmy wong

And nahiri is Becca Scott

We're just 4 days away from spoilers who know what the teasers are gonna show

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”