Commander Collection Green contents up on Mothership.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Source

And for those who can't be bothered to click the link:

There are two versions of the collection: Regular and Premium, Premium is exclusive to WPN stores. Only difference is that premium is all foil.

The collection contains eight cards, only six of which are green, the other two are colorless.

They will both be available on December 8th.

The cards are:
The art for the two colorless cards (Command Tower and Sol Ring) are on theme. I.e. Nature.

All cards have new art.

All cards except Freyalise and Sylvan Library have flavor text.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Mookie
Answers: 48
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 3 years ago

Command Tower and Sol Ring both seem like odd inclusions, given that they aren't, well, green. Not bad, but....
Other than that, these all seem like reasonable inclusions. A legendary creature, a legendary noncreature, and four staples. I won't necessarily say that Seedborn Muse and Bane of Progress needed reprints that desperately (since they were already reprinted semi-recently), but Worldly Tutor and Sylvan Library definitely did. All-in-all, I could see this serving as a decent core for many green decks.

...I will have concerns re: availability though. Not clear if this is a print-to-demand product, or a more exclusive one like From the Vault was in the past, in which case it will be fairly difficult to get these.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Mookie wrote:
3 years ago
...I will have concerns re: availability though. Not clear if this is a print-to-demand product, or a more exclusive one like From the Vault was in the past, in which case it will be fairly difficult to get these.
I think it will be closer to the Spellbook series than FtV. The foil versions will be limited in number though.

Depending on the cost, I might get it. I already have all the cards (well, except Omnarth), but love the art for the Sol Ring, Command Tower, and Seedborn Muse. And I could always use an additional Sylvan Library and Tutor.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 3 years ago

Might get one for the library and tutor I have neither one

By the way one concern

https://wpn.wizards.com/en/products/com ... tion-green
Available only to WPN members
I hope it's only talking about the foils and not both

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
3 years ago
Might get one for the library and tutor I have neither one

By the way one concern

https://wpn.wizards.com/en/products/com ... tion-green
Available only to WPN members
I hope it's only talking about the foils and not both
Only the foils, the Foil version can only be found at WPN stores.

Magiqmaster

Post by Magiqmaster » 3 years ago

All in all, nice reprints, but I just don't understand why they included Sol Ring and Command Tower. They make no sense (they aren't green) and were not needed for a reprint anytime soon, given the fact they are in every commander precon.

Wallycaine

Post by Wallycaine » 3 years ago

Magiqmaster wrote:
3 years ago
All in all, nice reprints, but I just don't understand why they included Sol Ring and Command Tower. They make no sense (they aren't green) and were not needed for a reprint anytime soon, given the fact they are in every commander precon.
It sounds like the plan is to cycle them out in these various products, making it so there's a color specific (in art/flavor text, if not in game) command tower and sol ring for each color.

Magiqmaster

Post by Magiqmaster » 3 years ago

Wallycaine wrote:
3 years ago
Magiqmaster wrote:
3 years ago
It sounds like the plan is to cycle them out in these various products, making it so there's a color specific (in art/flavor text, if not in game) command tower and sol ring for each color.
Perhaps, but if so, why not include those 2 cards in addition to the other 8 colored cards? As a bonus?

Anyhow, it's a pass for me regardless.

Wallycaine

Post by Wallycaine » 3 years ago

Magiqmaster wrote:
3 years ago
Wallycaine wrote:
3 years ago
Magiqmaster wrote:
3 years ago
Perhaps, but if so, why not include those 2 cards in addition to the other 8 colored cards? As a bonus?

Anyhow, it's a pass for me regardless.
Because then presumably someone would be asking "why not include those 2 cards in addition to the other 10 colored cards?" It's a natural thought, but there's not really a way they could present it that would have circumvented that issue, so they have to rely on the whole package being intriguing enough for players. Obviously, it is for some of them. It's not enough for you, but that's okay.

Card Slinger J
Nope Not Today

Post by Card Slinger J » 3 years ago

Still would've been nice If Concordant Crossroads and Craterhoof Behemoth made the cut. The reason why I don't think Craterhoof Behemoth has dropped in price yet is due to supply issues with Jumpstart since not a lot of Local Game Stores (LGSs) were able to get any of the product in with the pandemic going on. At least reprint Food Chain for cEDH players.

Yes I do prefer Adam Rex's work for Seedborn Muse over Forrest Iwel's new artwork. Also like the homage to Reki, the History of Kamigawa and Yisan, the Wanderer Bard for both Sylvan Library and Worldly Tutor. Seems like Wizards of the Coast has scrapped the bottom of the barrel in terms of expensive non-Reserve List Green cards.
"Salvation is for those who are afraid of Hell. Spirituality is for those who have lived through it."

- Ralph Smart

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Card Slinger J wrote:
3 years ago
Still would've been nice If Concordant Crossroads and Craterhoof Behemoth made the cut. The reason why I don't think Craterhoof Behemoth has dropped in price yet is due to supply issues with Jumpstart since not a lot of Local Game Stores (LGSs) were able to get any of the product in with the pandemic going on. At least reprint Food Chain for cEDH players.

Yes I do prefer Adam Rex's work for Seedborn Muse over Forrest Iwel's new artwork. Also like the homage to Reki, the History of Kamigawa and Yisan, the Wanderer Bard for both Sylvan Library and Worldly Tutor. Seems like Wizards of the Coast has scrapped the bottom of the barrel in terms of expensive non-Reserve List Green cards.
There is one they could have reprinted but chose not to, but it *is* pretty similar to Sylvan Library. It's Mirri's Guile.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 3 years ago

I think this looks pretty awesome. I just hope it's not crazy expensive. I was also 100% certain that the art with Yisan on it was going to be Chord of Calling.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”