Marquis
Spoiler Master
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Marquis » 3 years ago

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 3 years ago

You know what, I've been disappointed in the box topper art so far. And this one isn't even the art itself, but the framing. The fact that the janitor's head is cut-off and the entire thing looks like it is off-center really bothers me. It's at the same level as bad kerning. The usual reprint art is eh, fine, like always.

Luckily I still have my old bobs so I don't need to worry about either of the new(er) arts.

Outcryqq

Post by Outcryqq » 3 years ago

Guardman wrote:
3 years ago
You know what, I've been disappointed in the box topper art so far. And this one isn't even the art itself, but the framing. The fact that the janitor's head is cut-off and the entire thing looks like it is off-center really bothers me. It's at the same level as bad kerning.(emphasis added) The usual reprint art is eh, fine, like always.

Luckily I still have my old bobs so I don't need to worry about either of the new(er) arts.
I don't know what "bad kerning" is, but given the context, I completely agree. This topper art just looks off.

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 3 years ago

Outcryqq wrote:
3 years ago
Guardman wrote:
3 years ago
You know what, I've been disappointed in the box topper art so far. And this one isn't even the art itself, but the framing. The fact that the janitor's head is cut-off and the entire thing looks like it is off-center really bothers me. It's at the same level as bad kerning.(emphasis added) The usual reprint art is eh, fine, like always.

I don't know what "bad kerning" is, but given the context, I completely agree. This topper art just looks off.
From Wikipedia:
Wikipedia wrote:In typography, kerning is the process of adjusting the spacing between characters in a proportional font, usually to achieve a visually pleasing result. Kerning adjusts the space between individual letter forms, while tracking (letter-spacing) adjusts spacing uniformly over a range of characters. In a well-kerned font, the two-dimensional blank spaces between each pair of characters all have a visually similar area.
From xkcd:

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dusk » 3 years ago

anyone else notice how the mana symbols of the box topper are not vertically centered?
That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 3 years ago

Dusk wrote:
3 years ago
anyone else notice how the mana symbols of the box topper are not vertically centered?
It was noticed but recently it's confirmed

It's Just a illusion

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

really cool reprint, I'm probably gonna have to grab a set of these since I foolishly moved my set a few years ago

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”