The Pride of Hull Clade - The Best Offense is Good Defense

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 3 months ago

The Pride of Hull Clade is one of those cards that I had to read multiple times to make sure I was understanding it right!

The plan is pretty simply, cast The Pride of Hull Clade on Turn 3 very consistently and then following turn draw 15!

You should be putting enough toughness buy Turn 3 to cast The Pride of Hull Clade most games.
Pride has to deal combat damage, so you will get some games where you get a free hit in due to speed of getting it play, but there are a lot of u cards that will basically make it unblockable to make sure you get the draw.

The deck leans hard into Gaea's Cradle to also make use of so many cheap creatures.
Food Chain will allow you to cast all the creatures you draw and you'll easily be able to recast Pride many times as you deploy so much toughness.

There is a sub theme with Defender type. Walking Bulwark and Assault Formation can provide win conditions. Hitting for 15 commander damage is no joke!

Very quick brew, what am I missing? What other creatures let me put a lot of toughness onto the board quickly?

The Pride of Hull Clade
Approximate Total Cost:

Tags:

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 1 week ago

I finally put this deck together and played some games.
The first thing that was obvious was casting The Pride of Hull Clade was extremely easy with the cost reduction. Very much to the point of overkill.
The second thing that I found is that I didn't consistently have enough u to activate the 2uu and pay for an evasion card like Artful Dodge on Turn 4.
So I adjusted the deck to heavily focus on producing blue mana and this means including lots of creatures that can tap for it. I removed almost all the creature that only produce g as these are nowhere near as helpful.
Between this and utility creatures that will still help pay for The Pride of Hull Clade is enough to still cast it on Turn 3.

Once I made these changes the deck exploded and did the thing.
Of note discarding lands to hand size works nicely into Aftermath Analyst.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”