Wort, the Raidmother with Slime Against Humanity

gsgfdf
Pronoun: he / him

Post by gsgfdf » 2 weeks ago

I was inspired by the latest Random Card of the Day to post my current draft. The deck used to win using spell doublers like Twinferno and rituals like Rude Awakening to fuel a finisher like Jaya's Immolating Inferno. The deck grew rather stale, failing to go off most of the time and whenever it worked the ending was kind of anticlimactic. I am in the process of using Slime Against Humanity as the focus of the current iteration. I thought about changing the commander to Krark, the Thumbless but there isn't any green partner I like.
All feedback is appreciated.
Last edited by gsgfdf 2 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:

Jackalope_Herder
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Jackalope_Herder » 1 week ago

Have you considered adding cards that give you a token or 2 in addition to doing something? This might give you some bodies early on if you need them, then later you could use them with Wort.

I saw you mention this idea in the "Card of the Day" thread and I'm intrigued. I'm really bad at keeping up with the new stuff and hadn't seen Slime Against Humanity yet. Its got me thinking.

gsgfdf
Pronoun: he / him

Post by gsgfdf » 1 week ago

Thanks for your suggestions!
darrenhabib wrote:
2 weeks ago
I'd play some more draw cards in the vein of Greater Good; Life's Legacy, Momentous Fall, Soul's Majesty, Return of the Wildspeaker, Garruk, Primal Hunter, Rishkar's Expertise.
Added some to the deck, I plan to get Momentous Fall and Life's Legacy soon.

Thrumming Stone: I will try and find one but I am not convinced I need it tbh
Twinning Staff: Feels kinda winmore to me
Nantuko Shrine: I have seen this one around but I don't see a use, it's just a bunch of tokens without any synergy
Branching Evolution: On my wishlist
Court of Garenbrig: I don't like the effect, I don't think I have enough board presence to justify the monarch. Even if I did I don't want to wait until my first upkeep.
Jackalope_Herder wrote:
1 week ago
Have you considered adding cards that give you a token or 2 in addition to doing something? This might give you some bodies early on if you need them, then later you could use them with Wort.

I saw you mention this idea in the "Card of the Day" thread and I'm intrigued. I'm really bad at keeping up with the new stuff and hadn't seen Slime Against Humanity yet. Its got me thinking.
I struggle to find room for all the cards I want and keep the slime number up. Artifact Mutation is on the shortlist for the deck.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”