DSK-Duskmourn: House of Horror Story, Worldbuilding and Lore

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 3 weeks ago

I know this is early but PlayMTG posted a MagicCon: Las Vegas poster and it did show a small nugget of story info;

Kaito, with Pompon, will be here, as a planeswalker or omenpath traveler we will see.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 2 weeks ago

I think that's Zimone, Quandrix Prodigy in the background in the duskmourn background

Source: Twitter

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 6 hours ago

The glasses clearly point to that being Zimone, I think, even though the art shows her apparently aged up. That makes sense if she was a young teenager in her first(?) year of tertiary school in 4561 AR and it should be 4565 or later by the time Duskmourn's story takes place, making her 18-19.

The nerdy girl usually does well in horror films but, well, good luck being a plucky ingenue in a plane like Duskmourn, Z! :p
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 2 hours ago

void_nothing wrote:
6 hours ago
The glasses clearly point to that being Zimone, I think, even though the art shows her apparently aged up. That makes sense if she was a young teenager in her first(?) year of tertiary school in 4561 AR and it should be 4565 or later by the time Duskmourn's story takes place, making her 18-19.
Yeah it was noted she was the "child genius who skips head" and I wanna say 14-16 years old.
The nerdy girl usually does well in horror films but, well, good luck being a plucky ingenue in a plane like Duskmourn, Z! :p
Also might make some fun conflict if the magic of Duskmourn is more chaotic then the more logical focused magic of Quadrix, showing how fear and overpower logic.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 hours ago

Also, remains to be seen who the androgynous person with the... ghost-detecting bowie knife?... is, but they definitely look straight out of the 80s.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lore”