Advanced Search not working for "Oracle Text"

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 1 month ago

Maybe I am missing something but if you try and enter more than one word into the "Oracle Text" then Fblthp will tell you no matches,
I've tried using quotes around the words and + and , in between but no luck.

You can't really use the search functionality without several words. Just try "enters the battlefield" for example.

WizardMN
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 1 month ago

It seems to work for me. I leave the search criteria on "Contains" and "enters the battlefield" returns 5,871 results. However, setting the search criteria to "Is Exactly" will cause that to return 0 results because nothing has the oracle text of exactly "enters the battlefield".

The main limitation of course is that you do need to enter the oracle text exactly as it appears in the text box without skipping over a word. So, "enters battlefield" won't find anything because you are missing the "the" in between. It would be nice to be able to search on multiple words in the text box without them needing to show up in that order. Like "search library graveyard" should get you things like Finale of Devastation but because it doesn't check for each word existing in the search and instead looks for the entire phrase of "search library graveyard" nothing returns.

So, I am not sure what you are doing incorrectly but searching for "enters the battlefield" works just fine. You just need to make sure that the entire phrase you are searching for shows up exactly like that in the text box.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 1 month ago

Aye, the singular search isn't great. ("contains" has to contain exactly the string given)
One of the things I'm fixing.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”