The DCC - April 4th, 2024

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 month ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

DCC Scoreboard

bravelion83 8 (+2)
netn10 7 (+7)
Raptorchan 6 (+3)
void_nothing 5 (+2)
archemediesx 4 (+2)
OneAndOnly 3 (+2)
Rithaniel 3 (+2)
marioguy3 2 (+0)

marioguy3 wrote:
1 month ago
Votes: Bravelion83, netn10

Flames of Replication
Sorcery (Uncommon)
Kicker
Flames of Replication deals 5 damage to any target. Flames of Replication deals an additional 5 damage to each opponent if Flames of Replication was kicked.
bravelion83 wrote:
1 month ago
void_nothing wrote:
1 month ago
I'm taking over from perhaps the greatest Florentine since Michelangelo,
You could have said Leonardo da Vinci at least! Ok, technically Vinci is a town outside Florence, so you couldn't call him a florentine by birth, but then neither am I, as I've been born in Fiesole (Look, Leo that gives away even more info...) and only brought to my parents' house in Firenze after a week or so in the hospital in Fiesole (now closed). Or you could have said a different one of the TMNT, even though I obviously identified with Leonardo and not just for the name, we've got some character traits in common too... And to close this part on a totally related note, I haven't talked to you about the plane of Kerkeren... I wonder what might its inspiration... But seriously, thank you for the huge compliment.
and debating on whether I'm actually going to use this space this month...
I also had the same doubt last month and look how it ended! Words and inspirations will come to you at the most unexpected times.

Votes: archemediesx, OneAndOnly

HM: Rithaniel (the potential to be castable for free scares me a little, even if it's very difficult to do)

"One pierced heart, two mindful horns" Day 3/12 — Today you'll meet again Ceztra Namezt of the Ghor clan, younger sister of Zonez, who you've met yesterday. She assists Roy and Zonez in their investigations in the parts involving the Gruul clans. She has an unusual vision of the Gruul guild that goes beyond mere destruction, as she says herself in her flavor text here and that is reflected by her title. Mechanically, her card tries using a returning mechanic (raid) as a Gruul mechanic in a hypothetical new Ravnica faction set, and gets the bonus from her older brother as he's a red legendary creature.

Ceztra, Gentle Wildflower 3RG
Legendary Creature — Minotaur Warrior (R)
Other red and/or green creatures you control get +1/+0 and have trample.
Raid — If you attacked this turn, creature spells you cast this turn cost 1 less to cast and can't be countered.
"Belonging to a Gruul clan is not all about rage and raids. It's also about living in harmony with real people who don't wear masks and caring about each other just like you do in a real family."
4/4
OneAndOnly wrote:
1 month ago
Votes: Raptorchan, netn10
Cryptic Mausoleum -- 5
Artifact
When Cryptic Mausoleum enters, exile target player's graveyard until Cryptic Mausoleum exits.
Non-land cards with the same name as cards exiled by Cryptic Mausoleum can't be played, and their abilities can't be activated or triggered.
netn10 wrote:
1 month ago
Votes: void_nothing, Raptorchan

Beautiful, Terrible Lies U+
Sorcery (Rare)
Spree
+ 2 — Create a token that's a copy of target creature, then exile the token.
+ 3W — Exile target creature, create a token that's a copy of it, then exile it.
+ 2B — Target opponent reveals their hand. Choose a creature card from it. Create a token that's a copy of it, then exile both.
Raptorchan wrote:
1 month ago
Votes: void_nothing, OneAndOnly

Stern Sheriff 1w
Creature — Human Soldier (R)
Vigilance
Attacking with creatures, making permanents leave the battlefield with spells or abilities, dealing damage to permanents or players are crimes.
Deserters, Ninjas and Rebels are outlaws.
2/2
Rithaniel wrote:
1 month ago
Votes: archemediesx, netn10

Mantle of the Inviolate
Enchantment - Aura M
Enchant permanent
Enchanted permanent can't leave the battlefield.
, Pay 1 life, discard a card, sacrifice a creature, and sacrifice a land: Exile Mantle of the Inviolate. Any player may activate this ability.
archemediesx wrote:
1 month ago
Votes: Rithaniel , netn10

Partytown Inspector 4UU
Creature – Giant Advisor (C)
Ward 3 (Whenever this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, counter it unless that player pays 3.)
Surprise Inspection3UU: Partytown Inspector can't be blocked this turn. Activate this ability only if an opponent controls three or more euphoric creatures and/or Libations.
5/5
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
1 month ago
bravelion83 netn10
void_nothing wrote:
1 month ago
Votes: Raptorchan, Rithaniel

Houshan, Bestiary Bishop 2W
Legendary Creature - Human Cleric (R)
Flash
When Houshan, Bestiary Bishop enters the battlefield, tap target creature an opponent controls and put a stun counter on it,.
3G, T: Target creature you control fights target tapped creature an opponent controls.
Partner with Dalisar, Aviary Bishop
2/3
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 1 month ago

Votes: netn10, Raptorchan

Dalisar, Aviary Bishop 3W
Legendary Creature - Human Cleric (R)
Flash
When Dalisar, Aviary Bishop enters the battlefield, untap another target creature you control and put a +1/+1 counter and a flying counter on it.
5U, T: Target creature with flying you control gains protection from everything until end of turn.
Partner with Houshan, Bestiary Bishop
3/2
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 month ago

Votes: marioguy3, netn10
Soulflame Burst -- 1RR
Instant {R}
Soulflame Burst can't be countered.
Soulflame Burst deals 4 damage to any target.
Whenever another player copies Soulflame Burst, change that copy's target to a target of your choice.

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 1 month ago

Votes: bravelion83, Raptorchan

Ashes of Dead Man, I See B+
Instant (Rare)
Spree
+2X: Target opponent loses X life and you gain X life.
+RX: This spell can't be countered and it deals X damage to any target.
+U: Create a Treasure token for each player and creature you committed a crime against.

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

Post by Raptorchan » 1 month ago

Votes: OneAndOnly, Rithaniel

Gang Leader 1br
Creature — Human Rogue (R)
Menace
Each outlaw card in your hand has plot. Its plot cost is equal to its mana cost reduced by 1.
He has a plan. He always does.
3/2

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 1 month ago

Votes: Rithaniel, void_nothing

HM: marioguy3 (if kicked, it's TEN damage to an opponent and FIVE to all your other opponents, I like the design but it looks a bit too much even at seven mana to me)

"One pierced heart, two mindful horns" Day 4/12 — Today you'll meet again Katel, the loxodon hierarch that's both the victim and the "pierced heart" referenced in the title of the story. An arrow literally pierced his physical heart injecting its poison into his blood. He belonged to the Selesnya and he always found ways to accuse all other guilds of doing something immoral, in Episode 1 you can read him doing that to five of the nine non-Selesnya guilds, but if he were still alive he absolutely would try to find ways to do that with the other four guilds too. He lived for the Selesnya, with a deep conviction that the Conclave was the only good guild, morally superior to all other ones, and that his mission was that of publicly pointing that out to everyone. You could almost call him a fanatic, to the point that some could ask: did Zbalek really do a bad thing by getting rid of him? Mechanically, the Citizen token represents one of the ordinary citizens that were listening to his speech as he was shot and died (that's why it's a death trigger).

Katel, the Pierced Heart 2GW
Legendary Creature — Elephant Cleric (R)
Vigilance
When Katel, the Pierced Heart dies, you may exile it. If you do, create a 1/1 green and white Citizen creature token, then each player who controls a creature may draw a card.
"I was in the crowd as that arrow was shot. I had gone to listen to a Selesnya hierarch's speech just out of curiosity, and suddenly I found myself having a case to solve. I didn't expect it, but in the end it was my job."
—Detective Royznod Biklyev

3/3
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on May 2nd 2024, including Jun 2024 in advance)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 1 month ago

Votes: archemediesx, netn10

Curse of Mirror
Enchantment - Curse (Mythic Rare)
Enchant opponent
If a player other than enchanted player would take an extra turn, that player skips that turn instead.
When Curse of Mirror enters the battlefield, enchanted player takes an extra turn after this one.
Enchanted player can't cast spells that could target you or permanents you control.
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

archemediesx

Post by archemediesx » 1 month ago

Votes: OneAndOnly , void_nothing

Ambrosia Seeker 2B
Creature – Jackal Reveler (C)
Whenever Ambrosia Seeker attacks, you create a Libation token you lose 1 life. (It's an artifact with "2, T, Sacrifice this artifact: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. It becomes euphoric. Activate only as a sorcery.)
The streets take a dark turn at night as the jackals crawl out of the shadows in pursuit of any drop of Ambrosia they can find.

3/2
"Easy Dude. You're being very Un-Dude."

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 1 month ago

Votes: OneAndOnly, void_nothing

Flare of Light
Instant R
As you cast Flare of Light, any number of players may each pay .
Flare of Light deals 4 damage to each creature with power 4 or greater and 4 damage to each creature with power 3 or less controlled by a player who didn't pay as you cast it.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”