Eriette, the Beguiler and Monarch

MRHblue
Pronoun: he / him

Post by MRHblue » 1 month ago

So I know the card is unreleased, but I dont think its a new rules item. If I have Eriette, the Beguiler and I enchant someone elses creature with Fealty to the Realm, what happens when I stop being the monarch? I think I keep control of the creature, but maybe its something else?

Accepted Answer

by Argus » 1 month ago
The effect of the static ability "The monarch controls enchanted creature." has the same timestamp as Fealty to the Realm.

Ariette's effect "gain control of that permanent" has its timestamp when that triggered ability resolved. This is later than Fealty to the Realm's timestamp, unless that Aura has been reattached since then.

If the Aura is still on its original enchanted permanent, Ariette's effect is later and "wins" regardless of the current monarch. If the Aura is moved, its ability takes precedence and gives control to the monarch.
Go to full post

Argus
Answers: 53
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Argus » 1 month ago

The effect of the static ability "The monarch controls enchanted creature." has the same timestamp as Fealty to the Realm.

Ariette's effect "gain control of that permanent" has its timestamp when that triggered ability resolved. This is later than Fealty to the Realm's timestamp, unless that Aura has been reattached since then.

If the Aura is still on its original enchanted permanent, Ariette's effect is later and "wins" regardless of the current monarch. If the Aura is moved, its ability takes precedence and gives control to the monarch.
Why bother with mere rulings when so many answers can be found in the Rules?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”