The DCC - May 12th, 2024

Rithaniel
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rithaniel » 17 hours ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name tothe render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

I've been trying to write a short story, but I might need to rewrite some stuff before I actually publish it.

DCC Scoreboard

Sagharri 33 (+2)
netn10 30 (+7)
Rithaniel 26 (+3)
bravelion83 24 (+3)
folding_music 16 (+1)
archemediesx 12
JovialJovian 4
void_nothing 1
Indighost wrote:
1 day ago
Sagharri, Netn10
folding_music wrote:
1 day ago
votes: netn10, Rithaniel

Hymn of the Turbine
Sorcery (R)
Scry 2, then reveal the top card of your library. If that card is a colorless artifact, put it into your hand and add cc.
Conspire
Those viashino born in the machine remnants of the rig were raised on its strange language: hisses and hums, clicks and creaks. A generation later, they crossed shamanism with engineering; never before had a whole species appointed themselves senior artificers.
Rithaniel wrote:
1 day ago
Votes: netn10, bravelion83

Rejoice for Growth
Instant U
( can be paid with or .)
You gain X life, where X is 5 plus the total life gained by all players this turn.
"Of course we will celebrate your success. All farmers enjoy seeing their crops flourish."
—Rharmarr Landstalker
netn10 wrote:
1 day ago
Votes: Sagharri, Rithaniel

The Evermore Cube
Legendary Artifact (Mythic)
A starting deck may have only one The Evermore Cube.
At the start of the game, you may reveal The Evermore Cube from your library. If you do, exile exactly three artifact cards from outside the game.
The Evermore Cube's mana cost is the total mana costs of cards exiled with it.
The Evermore Cube has all activated abilities of cards exied with it.
bravelion83 wrote:
1 day ago
Votes: folding_music, netn10

@Indighost: So happy to see you back!

The Wicked Pride (non-U) wants to keep the balance of the plane of Kolyfar by proactively destroying everything, magical or otherwise, that threatens it, according to them of course. It's made up of almost exclusively leonin people, organized in what you could call a federation of families. The government (its own faction which you will meet in the next days) uses them as their unofficial army in the most difficult missions, when it wants to make sure that the enemy is destroyed dead or alive. In fact, the Wicked Pride has an innate taste for using violence to solve problems. They are the most violent of the factions, that's for sure, and they make no scruples about it.

Wicked Pride Revelry {R/G}
Sorcery (R)
Spree (Choose one or more additional costs.)
+ 2 — Distribute two +1/+1 counters among one or two target creatures.
+ {B/R} — Target creature deals damage equal to its power to itself.
+ RG — Each of up to two target creatures you control deals damage equal to its power to target creature you don't control.
+ {G/W} — Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Sagharri wrote:
1 day ago
Votes: bravelion83, Rithaniel

Another try to play with counters...

Rapid Subcooling {2/u}
Instant (C)
Distribute three stun counters among any number of target permanents.
"Even nezumi know that you can't win a race with a cold engine." - Munori, hoverbike rider
archemediesx wrote:
1 day ago
Votes: netn10, bravelion83

Clique Bait 2G
Instant (U)
Will of the council — Choose target creature you control. Starting with you, each player votes for unity or clout. If unity gets more votes, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control. If clout gets more votes or the vote is tied, put two +1/+1 counters on that creature and it becomes euphoric.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 12 hours ago

votes: Rithaniel, Sagharri

Leapfrog Gang 2bb
Creature - Surrakar Ninja
Ninjutsu bb
Creature cards returned to your hand by Leapfrog Gang's Ninjutsu cost gain "Bloodrush bb -- Target attacking creature gets +X/+Y and gains each of this card's static abilities until end of turn. X and Y are equal to this card's power and toughness." until end of turn.
Pay 3 life: Return Leapfrog Gang to your hand. Activate this ability only during your turn.
3/3

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 10 hours ago

Votes: Rithaniel, bravelion83

Lucky Charm
Instant (Uncommon)
Choose one -
* Reroll a die.
* Reflip a coin.
* Choose a new target at random for a spell or ability that has a single target and was chosen at random.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 8 hours ago

Votes: folding_music, Sagharri

Foretell the Fury
Sorcery U
( can be paid with or .)
The next three times target creature attacks, it can't be blocked except by three or more creatures until end of combat.
"Never underestimate the strength that even the smallest creature holds."
—Juth Naturewalker
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 6 hours ago

Votes: Rithaniel, netn10

Monkey Business 2G
Enchantment - Aura (Rare)
Enchant nonland permanent
Enchanted permanent is a colorless artifact named Banana with "t, Sacrifice this artifact: Add r or g. You gain 2 life," and it loses all other abilities. (If it was a creature, it's no longer a creature.)
"You are not happy? Now you have a banana and you didn't have one before!" - Abu, uktabi sage

archemediesx
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by archemediesx » 6 hours ago

Votes: bravelion83 , Sagharri

Social Media 1
Artifact (U)
Friend — 2, T, Sacrifice Social Media: Target player gains 5 life and shuffles their graveyard into their library. Shuffle Social Media into its owner's library.
Unfriend — 5, T, Sacrifice Social Media: It deals 5 damage to target creature or planeswalker.
"Easy Dude. You're being very Un-Dude."

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 2 hours ago

Rithaniel wrote:
17 hours ago
I've been trying to write a short story, but I might need to rewrite some stuff before I actually publish it.
You're not alone
Show
Hide
It's since NEO that I have to make a second edition of my first story to fix the main antagonist's backstory as back in 2019 when I first wrote it I thought it would have been cool to make it an ogre from Kamigawa, there's no way they will ever go back to Kamigawa for real... and then NEO was announced. He will still be from Kamigawa, but I have to fix a few details in his backstory to make it compatible with the new Kamigawa. I already know what and how I have to fix but I still have to put the will and time to actually do it, taking advantage of that to also fix a few dates that also need fixing after additional worldbuilding on Vukanat that I made after I wrote that story. Sooner or later I will do it, but I don't know if I will ever publish that story. There are a few parts that are explicit and probably NSFW (I've never talked about those parts here for obvious reasons but they do exist), and that would certainly go against Wizards' fan content policy. Maybe I could make a clean version for publishing, we'll see.
Votes: Sagharri, folding_music

Macabre Tour 1UB
Sorcery (R)
Each player discards a card, then returns a creature card from their graveyard to the battlefield, then returns a creature they control from the battlefield to their hand.
"Round and round it goes,
the body and mind of all our foes."
—Darkloch witches' rhyme
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on May 2nd 2024, including Jun 2024 in advance)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”